Scars (False and True)

{I... put a lot more into this than I meant to. Nonetheless, I'm posting this. May edit it later as I haven't made edits yet, but uh... enjoy?}

It should've been expected that players would stop playing Yggdrasil one way or another. They were caught off guard, however, by how many people began to leave the game entirely, even going as far as to delete their avatars.

The players who remained, including their guild leader, soon found why so many began to drop the game altogether. Work was getting rougher, more cops were needed on the streets, and people were becoming too fearful to leave their homes.

It seemed that one way or another, life was going to take it's toll on everyone once again, leaving them no choice but to quit the game.

The fear of what was to come left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It didn't matter who they were in their games. In real life, they had no real control. Not when it mattered.

But...

"Maybe we could... I dunno... keep in touch?" Peroroncino's avatar wiggled in his seat. "I know we've never met IRL before, but we can at least exchange numbers!"

"When could we find the time for that, huh?" Everyone looked to see Ulbert, who was scoffing from the other side of the table. "You've seen how shitty things are becoming! With the work, bills, and general fuckery of real life making everyone it's bitch, we won't have the time to even text each other, nonetheless "keep in touch.""

Yamakio gently chided Ulbert for his excessive cursing, but no one could say he was wrong.

"... I'm afraid to say that he's right." Everyone's head bounced back to the left, in disbelief that Touch-Me was the one agreeing with him. Ulbert huffed a bit at that, but Touch-Me continued. "But Peroroncino makes a good point. While Yamakio, Bukubukuchagama, him, and I have support from our families, everyone else here is on their own," he sighed, "and even with that support, nothing can truly protect us from what may be going on right now."

"So, what?" Ulbert hissed, pushing himself up from his seat. If his avatar could emote properly, everyone was sure he would be baring his teeth. "No offense, Peroroncino, but simply exchanging numbers won't keep us in touch."

"Guys..." Momonga started, but he wasn't sure what he should say.

"I know that." Peroroncino crossed his arms. "But could it hurt? We may not be able to save time for a DMMO-RPG, but we can at least send a text once in awhile. We could even make a group chat-"

"I don't believe this." Ulbert leaned back into his chair, his hand held over his nose in a show of exasperation. Peroroncino continued.

"Oh, just listen for once, you old goat! Look, we may not be able to talk in real time, but does that really mean we shouldn't try to, at least? I..."

At this point, everyone could almost imagine his wings drooping with his next words. "... I see you guys as family. Really! I know that's a bold thing to claim, considering we've never seen each other IRL, but I'm being honest."

He looked up towards Momonga, who sat at the front seat. The attention caused him to stand up a little more, making "eye contact" with the avian.

"I don't want to choose between you guys and work. Especially if it means we'll get out of touch. Can't we try?"

... well, it didn't take long for everyone to agree after that.

-----

Ulbert and Touch-Me were correct when they said it would be difficult to keep in touch with one another. It wasn't long before worry began to overtake everything else. But with the exchange of numbers, they managed to provide each other with a bit of relief.