Chapter 15: Come in

"Umm this looks so good!" sokka said after him and Toph's server brought their ramen to the table. They had gotten hungry after shopping and decided to grab dinner. 

"I guess it smells okay" 

"Come on Toph I know you just don't wanna admit I picked a better dinner place that whatever that place was you were trying to get us to go to" 

"Fine maybe but I thought that it smelled good too!" 

"It was full of fire nation guards sorry I wanna eat without being worried we'll get caught!" 

"I guess your right"

"See told you" 

The two still enjoyed their food and talked about stupid shit for an hour or just cracking up half the time. Eventually they walked home through the market, now lit with shining lanterns strung between the stalls. Sokka had to admit, the fire nation was really beautiful. So we're it's people...he thought. 

                                                                       *****

When sokka got home dropped his stuff in his room and got changed into some sweats before walking to zuko's room. 

"Baby?" he said opening the door and seeing if zuko was asleep. 

Zuko rolled his eyes at the nickname, "yeah?" 

Sokka walked over and sat on the bed. 

"You're home!" zuko said when he realised it had been hours since he saw his boyfriend.

"Uhmm" sokka said tucking himself in. 

"U sure you can be in here?"

"Yeah, remember everyone knows anyways" 

"Right" zuko replied happily, "wait are you gonna give details on how it went with kat or-" 

"Sure," sokka said and explained what had happened, "I-i'm sorry I almost didn't tell her, I really really wanted to trust me" 

"It's ok it's ok. I understand, really" 

"U sure you're not mad?" 

"Yes yes you know me I can't exactly hide being upset easily" 

"Haha that's true" 

Zuko turn to sokka quickly now, "I can't believe you left me like that earlier!"

Sokka smirked, "I can't believe it took you this long to remember that's where we left off"

"How could I forget" zuko closed the space between him and sokka they kissed in his bed. 

"Um" sokka pulled away after a few minutes, "what I am I gonna do when we have to leave in couple days"

"You'll manage" zuko said. 

"Heyyy I'm serious" 

"I am too."

"Oh fuck you. I'm trying to say I'm gonna miss you" 

"I know," zuko laughed a bit, "I'm gonna miss you too" 

The two boys cuddled and fell asleep in each others arms. 

A/N: yes just sleep for them tonight 🤗

                                                                      *****

The next morning Zuko got up early to train with aang as usual, he smiled as he saw his boyfriend laying sound asleep in his bed. He gave him a quick kiss before getting up as quietly as he could and throwing on some shorts to train.