Chapter 17: Last Nightmares

"Zuko!" aang called flinging the door open to the boys room a couple hours later, "we're leaving in half an hour! Oh and hey sokka"

Dinner right, Sokka thought and brought his hand out from under the covers and waved to aang.

"Err fine okay we're getting up" 

"Good! Hope you guys enjoyed your nap"

The boys looked at each other and laughed at Aang's innocence once he had left the room. 

"Well I should probably go get ready..." sokka said sitting up. 

"Um yeah" zuko agreed.

Zuko grabbed his clothes putting something on to get back to his room, "see you later" he said on the way out. 

                                                                            *****

When he got back to his room sokka got changed for dinner and then turned his attention to something else; the bracelet. He had been waiting for the right time to give it zuko. He took the red box with a gold ribbon on top and slipped it into his bag. 

The others gathered in the living room about 20 minutes later at the agreed time. Expect for Toph who claimed she would be there 'when she was ready'. 

"You look...nice" sokka said once he saw zuko had changed.

The fire nation boy smiled, "you too" 

They were sitting next to each other on the couch chatting with others about the night ahead. Eventually Toph came and they all set out for the restaurant. 

                                                                        *****

It was a typical fire nation tavern on the peer next to the market. The gang was seated and waited for their server to arrive. Sokka, zuko, and Toph sat on the booth together while katara, aang, and suki were on the chairs opposite. 

A young girl approched their table, "Hi everyone welcome to the Dragon Flame Bar and Grill! My name is-"

"Ty lee??" zuko sudeenly interrupted taking his eyes off of sokka to look at the girl. 

"Zuko!" she respond excitingly. 

"What are you doing here??" he questioned. 

"Working silly!" 

"No no what are you really doing here?"

"One of my sisters boyfriends is the head chef, she got me a job. I wanted to get out of town after everything that went down"

"Right sokka and zuko told us about the boiling rock, it's nice to see you!" katara said. 

"Um yeah let's go with that" said Toph.

"It's good to see you too kat!" she irgnored the earth girls comment, "And aang I assume that's you under that hat?"

"Yes! I'm glad you came around, from what I've heard it was quite trip" 

"Yeah it was" sokka said squeezing zuko's thy. 

"Sokka! it's lovely to see you" Ty lee said twiddling with her hair. 

"Welp that's awkward" toph muttered.  

Zuko cleared his throat, "Anyways, have you heard from my sister?" 

"No no I don't think she wants to hear from me"

Zuko just nodded in understanding. 

"So should we order?" suki prompted.