Chapter 22.

Just as I was beginning to think that the situation could not get any worse, it did. I was confused as to why Damien was behaving in such a manner; I knew he wanted something, but he was pretending that he was alright without it. I cherished him more than anything else in the world and, as my mind was racing, tried to think of a way to escape from my house. Katelyn's voice cuts through my thoughts, “Stop! Let's talk about this!” I began to walk faster in the hope of losing her, but the next second, I felt someone grab my arm and spin me around so that we were facing each other.

“Whoa,” I exclaimed, surprised. “Sorry, didn't think you'd follow me.” As he tightened his grip on my arm, I realized that it was Damien.

“Well,” I said, a bit embarrassed, “I guess I sort of deserve it for running away from your place.” His expression softened, and he asked, in a low voice, “Katelyn, what's wrong? Why did you leave?”

Damien held my hands as we sat on the bench in front of a majestic waterfall. It made me think of my time at Niagara Falls, a place that I found so peaceful, even if I could only go there sometimes. I returned to the present, and Damien said, Katelyn, I love you, and this is not something that I am giving up for you.

You didn't express that you don't want to do these things, you just said 'maybe never.' That is something that I accept. It was my choice and what I desired.

Have we gone through too much for our relationship to end? Are you trying to ruin it out of fear or is this no longer what you want? Damien, I understand your feelings of surprise and disappointment.

I know that we have a deep connection with and affection for each other, but I feel there is much more to our relationship that we are unaware of. As I was about to walk away, Damien grabbed my shoulders and said, “Katelyn, please do not do this! It is not about what I want but what I need. I refuse to be an obstacle to your future plans for marriage and fatherhood.

That is not who I am.” He put his hands on my face to hold me in place and looked into my eyes, “Katelyn, that’s not what I want. All I need is the person standing right here in front of me.”

I understand what you are saying, but this is a decision I must make for myself and leaving you is not an option. I was weary of Damien's relentless pursuit, but some of me was relieved to know that he would never give up on me. Standing in the middle of the street, I looked into his eyes and asked, "Would you like to come back to my apartment?"

He replied, "Well, I followed you here, so it's up to you." As we walked, I pondered the idea of entering into a long-term commitment with him and the conflicting emotions it provoked within me. I felt hypocritical about treating him in the same way that he had treated me at the start of our relationship.

Once we arrived at my apartment, Damien used my key to unlock my door. I leapt forward and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind us, and we kissed passionately as our hands explored each other's bodies with a wild intensity that I never thought was possible. We stepped away from each other and moved his lips from mine, tracing them down my chin and to my neck before returning to my mouth, where we shared a passionate kiss.

As we moved towards the wall, I started to unzip his pants while he helped me out of mine. With delicate movements, he slowly unbuttoned my blouse until he reached the last button. His head tilted slightly toward the side, and he began to kiss and lick my neck, sending a wave of pleasure through my body.

His hands moved to my blouse and unbuttoned it as he continued to lick my skin. I then unfastened the button on his pants and reached the inside, lightly caressing his manhood as his breathing quickened. My other hand moved up and down as he unhooked my bra and began to suck on my nipples.