Chapter 10.

'Damien's rage was palpable, an unstoppable force that threatened to engulf me. It felt as if karma had finally come to collect what I owed her, pushing me further into abyss. But I had had enough.

I was no longer going to be a victim, and with new courage, I straightened up and boldly stared back at Damien, unafraid of his rage-filled gaze. 'Enough,' I declared, my voice firm and unwavering. 'I'm taking control of my destiny and if you can't support me, then step aside.'

Damien's face contorted with scorn. 'And what kind of future is that? Running away and leaving me alone.

Nevertheless, I stood on my ground, determined not to be swayed by his emotional manipulation. 'I'm going after my dreams, Damien, with or without you. I'm done letting you keep me from chasing them.' He seemed to have taken aback, and his anger was replaced by a wave of sadness and regret.

'I never meant to keep you here,' he whispered, his voice soft but heavy with emotion. 'I don't want to lose you.' Reaching out, I tenderly touched Damien's shoulders.

'You won't lose me,' I whispered reassuringly. 'But if I'm ever going to have a chance at success, then I need to do this on my own terms. Who knows, maybe one day you'll come with me.'

His eyes widened in surprise, as my words sank in. 'Really?' He asked for his voice trembling with hope.

I nodded solemnly, a bittersweet smile tugged at the corners of my lips. 'Yes,' I replied softly, struggling to keep my own emotions in check. 'But for now, this is something that I have to do alone.'

He looked down at his feet, avoiding my gaze as an uncomfortable silence that stretched between us. His shoulders slumped during defeat before he finally relented with a silent nod. I stepped forward, wrapping my arms around him tightly until I felt his body was relaxed in the embrace.

We stayed that for what felt like an eternity, neither of us wanting to let go of the other. When we finally pulled away, Damien looked up at me with sad eyes and spoke with a broken voice. 'I'll miss you,' he said softly.

'I'll miss you too,' I replied before letting out a loud sigh and turning away. Tears blurring my vision, I walked down deserted streets with my heart pounding frantically in my chest, fear, and anticipation gripping every corner of my mind. Every step away from Damien filled me with greater dread and excitement about the possibilities that lay ahead.

Just before I was about to turn the corner, a shadowy figure suddenly emerged from alleyway, and I was so startled that my heart nearly stopped. I was swiftly embraced from behind by two strong arms - a touch that was so familiar yet unexpected. A wave of relief washed over me, as I heard Damien's voice, a sound that I had yearned for, whispered tenderly in my ear.

His body radiated warmth around me like a blanket and he breathed, "I couldn't let you go without saying goodbye." I clung to him with every ounce of emotion I had, and a single tear rolled my cheek down. "I will miss you so much," I whispered, barely able to choke out the words through my tears.

He squeezed me tightly in response and I knew that he understood my pain. Damien and I stood there in a moment of stillness, our eyes communicating without words a thousand emotions. It felt like the world around us had melted away, and we were the only two people left, just us and our emotions.

He grabbed me with the hips and kissed me with passion, unlike anything I had previously experienced. His kiss set my entire body on fire with desire, and it grew deeper and more intense every second. When we finally parted ways, I looked into his eyes and saw longing and regret.

He held onto my hands tightly and said softly, 'I wish you didn't have to go.' His words cut into my heart like a knife, desperation taking over as I clung to him and begged, 'Please don't go.' He uttered a soft whisper of sorrow and regret, 'I can't stay.'