Chapte 7.

As I sat in my own personal hell, I felt the walls squeezing in on me like a vice. My heart was in turmoil: Damien, the wild and unpredictable one, made me guess constantly, while Tyler, the gentle and understanding one, provided me with solace and assistance. With each breath, I felt tugged between two people, who each had a grip on my spirit.

I struggled to come up with a solution to the conundrum I was in; I had never experienced a complex love triangle, nor had I ever intentionally hurt someone's feelings. Somehow, I made a connection with two individuals who had incredibly different personalities. Whichever decision I made seemed to bring pain to one of them.

It would not be fair to either of them if I chose to stay with one, so I had to find a way to bring about resolution. As the days passed, my mind continued cycling through the same unfortunate realities. I felt stuck between the two conflicting options, and my heart was struggling to accept the inevitable decisions I had to make.

As I ventured closer to Damien and Tyler, who were seated on separate benches in the park, I felt my heart was pounding in my chest. They both sensed the tension between us lately, and they could tell that I was facing a problem. Before I had the chance to say anything, Tyler took my hand and pulled me in, his eyes locked on mine.

'We needed to talk to you,' he said softly, his voice full of emotion. As soon as he finished speaking, I felt my feelings came to flood out of me, and I started to cry as I realized the hurt and bewilderment I had caused. Damien hugged me tightly and said, 'We know this is hard for you.'

His gaze showed that he understood my struggles. However, we cannot keep vying your attention. We care for you a lot, but we need to know where we stand. The feeling of a knife piercing me was evoked by his words, and I felt my conviction strengthened. I inhaled deeply and glanced between the two, comprehending that whatever I said next would bring tremendous suffering to one person. I was aware of what had to be done, yet I was uncertain of who to pick.

The idea of inflicting pain was a heavy burden on my conscience, as I stared at them, realizing that regardless of my choice, one person would be hurt.
Tyler and Damien waited for me to say something, but I was overwhelmed by emotions. Tears were running down my cheeks and I was filled with regret.

Tyler's gaze was full of kindness as he said to me, 'We only want you to be true to us and to yourself.' Damien nodded in agreement and his grip on my hand was comforting. My quivering lips stammered out a simple phrase: 'I understand, and I promise to be honest with both of you. I just need time to figure things out.'

We hugged each other tightly before they left, leaving me in an empty apartment with plethora of conflicting emotions. Every minute I had, I worked to unravel them until I came to realize that every relationship had its own special blessing. Damien, with his soft and hesitant voice, appeared unannounced at my door one evening.

He clasped my hands and looked deeply into my eyes as if he already knew my answer to his question of what was most important to me. My heart thudded painfully in my chest, as he confirmed what I already knew - that it was time for me to be true to myself. A profound silence filled the room, as I regarded the two men for whom I had such strong feelings.

Damien's expression was one of worry, while Tyler's gaze showed nothing but faith and affection. It had not occurred to me that my choice would cause one of them such pain. I inhaled deeply and switched my attention back and forth, unable to deny the beating in my chest, which urged me to make a decision.

After much thought, I eventually made my decision, my voice wavering dread. Tears started to brim in my eyes, and Damien proffered his hand, but I paused and decided to take hold of Tyler. I uttered Tyler's name, feeling heat spread through my body, as his expression eased with relief.