Chapter 13.

My fury mounting, I left her apartment after hearing her bitter accusations that I was only playing a game to pump my pride up. Then, to make matters worse, as I arrived, I found Tyler lurking in the corner and his motives clear. If I did not show up, what would have happened between them?

Her affection for both us is ripping me apart.

It was never about my ego; it was always about her - the woman I cared about more than anything. Despite this, she seems to think otherwise, and I am left feeling nothing but seething hatred towards Tyler and crushing sadness.

I wander the streets with my mind racing, questioning how she could do this to me and us. I thought we had something special and real, but as I walked in darkness, I realized it was all just an illusion - she had been playing the game with my heart. Desperate to finding comfort, I find myself in a bar ordering a whiskey to try to calm my nerves.

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn to see Tyler with his smug grin, causing my blood to boil. I looked up and clenched my fists.'What the hell do you want?'

I asked my voice to raise my anger. Tyler sighed and took the sip for his drink. 'I just wanted to say sorry, man,' he said, his voice dripping with fake sincerity.

'I didn't know she was seeing anyone.' 'Bullshit,' I snapped back. 'You knew exactly what you were doing.'

Tyler shrugged it, as if to say, it was out of his control. 'Look, I get it. You're angry. However, this may be a sign.

Perhaps we were not meant to be. Maybe you should let her go.' His words hit me like a ton of bricks: Let her go?

After everything, we have been through? I looked up; my face was tight with emotions. After all of the memories were shared, the thought of losing her forever sent a shiver down my spine. Despite my desire to keep her with me, Tyler's words seem to echo my mind.

This could be a sign that it was time for me to start moving on. I took a deep breath, looked him in the eye, and said, 'Maybe you are right. Maybe it's time to let her go.'

Tyler visibly relaxed and smiled at me. 'I'm glad you agree,' he replied, patting me on the back. 'Let's have a drink to celebrate moving on.'

We clinked our glasses together and drank the remaining whiskies. As I stumbled out of the bar, I became aware of the gravity of my choice. Despite this, I still believed that it was the right thing to do.

Tyler felt his heart was beating rapidly as he prepared to reveal the truth that Damien had concealed from his ex-girlfriend. Drawing strength from within, he resolved to settle the issue once and for all. His tone became stern and intimidating as he went on, 'I'll be blunt; you chose your friends over her repeatedly, and even lied to her about sleeping with Megan.

Hearing that news made me feel like a volcano erupting from within me.' No matter how hard I tried, I could not escape the reminiscences of our nocturnal conversations and ardent escapades, which left my heart pounding and body quivering with delight. Every second, I spent with Katelyn was like a reverie that had come to fruition, unlike any other that I had experienced before.

Our passion was truly remarkable, and filled me with a tremendous feeling of elation. Nevertheless, as Tyler continued to talk, my thoughts were drawn from the past and back to the present. He disclosed to me facts about my past that I had kept hidden from Katelyn-details, which could break the image of our flawless love.

When I heard him, I felt a knot in my abdomen. Tyler slowly spoke, his gaze unwavering on me, "That one time when you left her alone at the party, and she ended up drunk and kissing some random guy--it still haunts me." My stomach dropped, as I remembered the night.