Chapter 16.

My head swirled with a flurry of emotions the day after my hasty departure from Tyler's abode. My tongue was laden with feelings of remorse; yet, I needed to take the chance of something new with Damien. A wave of guilt washed over me, conscious that it might have been the last time I felt his caress and heard his voice.

It felt wrong and nothing felt right. An ache filled my heart, as I thought of Tyler, hoping I could act as if I had moved on, though I knew I would never love anyone like him again. Apprehension swelled inside me, worrying that our paths would cross, and that I would be unable to resist him.

Desperately, I tried to run away from my emotions, but I knew that no matter how far I went, they would still exist. Just as I thought it would not get any worse, my phone vibrated with a message from Tyler. "Katelyn, I understand that you have made your decision to end things between us, but I cannot accept that; if it means I must wait patiently until you recognize that leaving me was the biggest mistake of your life, then so be it.

My love for you is far greater than anything else in my life, and it crushes me to see you choose someone who only brings sadness into your life rather than one who makes you happy. I will stand by my loyalty to you, no matter how much time has passed. I will wait for eternity if necessary, devoted, and patient in my devotion. As I read Tyler's words, a combination of emotions runs through me.

Part of me was touched by his words, while the other half was angry that he could not respect my choices. Although I was confident that I had made the right decision, his words still affected me. As I tried to understand my feelings, my phone buzzed.

At that time, it was Damien. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked.

I sighed, "I don't know." Tyler had just sent me a message, prompting Damien to ask, 'What did he say?' His voice was filled with apprehensions.

I took a deep breath before answering, 'He said he won't give up on me, that he loves me and will wait for me no matter what.' My throat tightened as I spoke, and Damien was silent for a few moments before inquiring, 'Do you still love him?' I considered his question a few moments before shaking my head, 'No, I do not.

But it's still hard, you know?' The look on his face when I spoke about Tyler loving was unmistakable; hatred was written all over it. He knew he was the one who had caused the rift between us, but he would never own it up.

The resentment on my chest was almost unbearable. Regardless of how hard he tried, he could never undo his mistakes. The weight of his guilt was like a curse, a burden that he would have to carry until his last day.

I could feel the anger emanating from Damien, as he fiercely declared, 'He does not Deserve You. Katelyn!' His words felt like a sharp blade, slicing away at the little hope that I had left. With each syllable, the knot in my stomach tightened until I felt like I would crumble into million pieces.

He spats, his hypocrisy palpable even as I kept silent, but I knew that I deserved someone who could respect and honor my decisions. The desire I had felt since I met him was now taking over, and I gave myself up to him completely. I surrendered my body and soul to a man who made me feel alive, in ways that Tyler could never do.

As we made love, any guilt or regret I felt was replaced with a sense of freedom and pleasure that I had never experienced before. With each moan and sigh, I felt myself letting go of the past, and embraced the present with Damien. His hands were rough, yet knew exactly where to touch me and send thrills through my body.

His lips were soft and warm, and trailing kissed my neck and breasts. I arched my back, giving in to the sensations he created. At that moment, I knew that I had made the right choice.