Chapter two.

|Ava|
I'm just standing here like an idiot, waiting for him to tell me what he wants to. I'm just like extremely upset because of the punishment he inflicted to me but he is my teacher, so I will respect him.

"So, I ...asked you a word because ..." He trails off while looking at me from head to toe in a creepy manner.

I smile at him, waiting for him to continue but he seems not to notice.

"Sir"I finally blurt out.

"Uh yes...so, I was saying that I noticed that your notes in literature are gradually moving from bad to worse lately. You need to double efforts on it or else I will find myself in the obligation to convene your parents here for a meeting"

"I don't have parents sir "

"Everybody does " he chuckles

"Everyone but not me'' I respond seriously,  before folding my arms upon my bosom.

He purses his lips in a tight line as if preventing himself from saying something.

I feel confused when he stands here for a minute or two without saying a word, just looking straight into my eyes.

I lower my gaze to my shoes before he could finally say a word.

"Miss. Paige, keep what I said in - arrrrr!" He jumps from front to back rubbing his left eye senselessly.

"Sir are you okay?" I ask perplexed

"I think there is an insect in my eye" he literally screams.

I move to him, dropping my bag on the table.

"Come here , sit" I lead him to a seat and I stand infront of him.

I blow the insect out of his eye while giggling at the grimaces he does .

I feel his hand on my lower back and my entire body freezes. This is just weird to have your teacher's hand on your body but it must be because he is in pain so I just ignore it  as I continue.

"Here we are" I finally sigh.

"Thank you" he whispers , dropping his intense gaze to my lips.

I can't help but blush .

"You're welcome sir" I decide to reply as I move away from him and swirl my bag on my  shoulder.

"Have a good day sir" I say as I move to the exit.

"Same to you Ava."

I  move to the library where I will have to spend two or three hours, arranging the shelves.

I just type a quick message to the woman calling herself my mother without even expecting a reply.

~•~

Some minutes after...

I'm arranging the books in a shelve named"romance books''

I stop by one poetry text whose title is very intriguing ‘My secret love’.

I take the time to open it and  flip through the pages.The prologue makes a summary of a student/teacher love. The first chapter is just super interesting so I decide to keep it aside and read it at home.

I'm now busily arranging the books in alphabetical order according to their genres when my phone starts ringing.

"Good evening Ms.Paige" A cold voice says from the other end of the wire.

My heart misses a beat. I know this voice.

"Good evening, what do you want?"

"Oh little cupcake, you definitely have no manners.'''

I curl my fingers in a fist at the sound of this cynical voice.

"You know our deal. Either my money or you''

"I told you I will pay you. I just need a little more time. Please''

"Oh I like when you beg. Sweetie, either you pay me back my money,or you let me have your body for a night.''

"Or else '' I laugh ironically withholding tears.

"You will not like to know what will happen if you fail to respect our deal''

"Listen to me , never , I say never, will I sell my body to a disgusting old prick like you. I will pay you back your money but never would I sleep with you. Nonsense!''

I end the call before falling to my kneels and sobbing.

It's been two weeks now that I receive these type of calls because of my mother.

She has been a prostitute for decades now and it is from a
tariffed exchange with one of her clients that I came in this world. It's sad but that's my story, I never knew my dad.

I started receiving this threatening calls when she went to one of those mafia kings' house for a night and stole a huge amount of money.

She spent it with her friends in alcohol, drugs , parties and other stuffs. She was then caught in a bar one faithful night and under threats, she''sold me to them''. I was brought to one of their residencies but at first, the chief king was not interested in me. He set me free under the condition that I pay back my mother's debt in a couple months time.

It's a very huge amount of money and even though I'have been managing to do some jobs after school, it will just take an eternity to pay back 7000$.

Now, he either wants his money or me.

"Miss!" I hear a female voice say softly what snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yes madam'' I respond, wiping the tears on my face away.

"Are you okay?'' The librarian asks with concern.

"Yes madam ''

"Are you sure?"

''sure"I force a smile on my lips.

"Okay. I'm going to close sooo''

"Okay'' I reply, turning on my feet and I move to where I kept my bag and swirl it over my shoulder.

"It was a pleasure" she smiles, opening the door for me .

"Not for me'' I reply jokingly as I step out.

Zane, my only ride home is certainly already back home so I decide to call an Uber.

I hear the honk of a car and a huge black Ferrari stops infront of me.

The window slopes downward giving me access to a familiar face in the car.

"A ride home?" He smiles.