Chapter 9

He grinned and, eyes still rolled back, he muttered,
"Oh, wouldn't you love to know."

"Heather!" I yelled loudly, "Wait!" Heather looked round and, seeing me running over, looked relieved and patiently waited. (Even though if she'd have ran to me it would've been much easier for me.)
She immediately said,
"All the girls thought he was going to kill you. Jessica (a random name) was saying there would just be a pool of blood and when the doctors walked in Hiccup would just be sitting there and you'd be nowhere to be seen." Classical Jessica. Save for Ruffnut, she was the most violent person I knew. And she hated me. Of course she wanted that to happen.

"Of course she did," I muttered the reply. After walking for a short amount of time, we reached the main yard, and I caught sight of the other girls, who appeared to be having a noisy conversation with some of the boys. I easily recognised one of them.

"NO SNOTLOUT, THAT IS NOT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF ASTRID DIES! There is no way you'd be able to do that. I mean - come on! Storming into the UCCD and cutting off Hiccup's head with the first thing you find isn't a good plan!" Jessica roared, frustrated.
"Yeah! And... and... what if the first thing you find is a document, then what? Give him a huge papercut?" Ella continued Jessica's argument pointlessly. As they finally noticed me, (due to some yelling from Heather) the majority of them squealed and ran over to the two of us, already interrogating me about what had happened as if Hiccup was actually some celebrity and I'd been on a date with him... ugh. Jessica seemed to roll her eyes and grunt. A nice welcome.

"Astrid has had a very frightening experience, and I will tell you what she told me very soon, but for now just give her some space, ok?" asked Heather, pushing away everyone, clearing some space for me. Thanking her, I now heard the inevitable from Jessiaca:
"Oh and why can't she tell the ridiculous story herself? She's tier 23 isn't she? Should be strong enough to speak. Anyone else would be." Furious, I walked up to her, shouting,
"You don't know how he is do you? The guy's gone absolutely crazy!" there was a gasp at this, "If he was able to he'd kill anyone here, everyone each of them has ever met, everyone they've ever met, and so on. THIS ISN'T A JOKING MATTER!" Jessica seemed to back off at this, so I was satisfied.
"Ok then," Heather walked between us cautiously: the famous Hofferson rage was not to be toyed with.
"Just give Astrid some space Jessica, and just stop fighting with her." Heather's desperate attempt to keep the piece was in vain: Jessica became noticeably angrier at Heather's choice of wording. Then she activated her tier 21.8 ability.

Just before the violence could begin, the crackling of the loudspeaker filled the warm air. I heard something incredibly confusing from it:
*Crackle *
ATTENTION ALL! ATTENTION ALL! AN ASSEMBLY HAS BEEN CALLED REGARDING MISTER HICCUP HADDOCK. AN ASSEMBLY HAS BEEN CALLED IN THE MAIN HALL. PLEASE REPORT TO HERE IMMEDIATELY. ANYONE DISREGARDING THIS COMMAND WITHOUT PROPER REASON WILL BE PUNISHED. THANKYOU.
*Crackle *
Great.

A worried look spread across everyone's faces. Everyone knew Hiccup Haddock. So we reported to the main hall, which thankfully happened to be close to the main or first yard. There was an abnormal amount of hushed speaking in the corridors; everyone was talking about the same thing.
I sat down next to Heather in the uncomfortable seats that were organised to maximize the amount of possible people in at one time. Here we go...

"Hello everyone," greeted general Throk, head of the BMC (Berk Military Camp), "I'd just like to assure everyone that the man you are about to encounter is indeed am incredibly dangerous one and is NOT to be frustrated." Well that's great. Usually they'd be saying the person isn't as bad as the rumours, but not this time. Of course.

Suddenly, a tall, familiar figure stumbled drunkenly into the whole population's view. He looked up, and revealed eyes that were usually their normal enchanting emerald green, but kept flashing to deep purple, then to black. He wore a black, heavy leather cloak that had patches of blood currently dominating it, and his trousers were much the same. (This didn't mean he wore a coat for trousers.) The leather trousers and coat gave someone else - or us - the impression of....