Chapter 29

The Kyronalim's POV

I woke up in a familiar field, and for once Hiccup felt happy. He was happy because I, the Corruption, had finally been defeated in battle.
I got up, and inspected his wounds. Of course I am in control of him, so I cannot receive wounds, for I am void. He can.

There was black blood everywhere, and through Hiccup's grinning mood i could sense the agony.
Briefly, I considered killing him and moving on, but then, horrified, realised I couldn't.

My vision began to fade. Hiccup began to laugh, and my vision went BLACK.

Hiccup's POV

She'd done it. Astrid had finally done it. The Void Demon was defeated, and I had full control. It was no more.
I was finally able to use The Void Demon's powers, to transform into it at any time.
Now, I just had to survive. Returning to human, I looked over my wounds. There was incredibly dark red blood everywhere, and I felt multiple broken bones.

Dusting myself off, I slowly stumbled in the direction I believed it had happened.

I must admit, I was surprised when Astrid activated her Super, as it is very rare no matter what.
At least now the reason for her resurrection has been revealed. Had I really trusted her that much? Wow.

Astrid's POV

NEE-NAW! NEE-NAW! TREE-GUINEA PIG!! (Following on from the sophisticated BMC alarms, we have very good Police sirens!)
I woke up to the deafening sound of the police arriving, and before I knew it people were lifting me onto a stretcher.
There were faint voices,
"Everything is going to be alright!" "Can you hear me?" "Just try to shut your eyes and it will all be over soon."

It was too much. I wasn't that injured - why was this happening? I activated my ability, and exploded. Brilliant blue light flashed in every direction, and the paramedics and officers were sent backwards.
Clambering clumsily out of the stretcher, which had annoyingly been dropped in the explosion, I looked around, seeing all the unconscious, unmoving bodies on the ground.

"I need to be careful," I muttered under my breath, "or I'll end up like Hiccup."
"Haha. Very funny," a voice said behind me. I spun round, reactivating my ability.

There was a bloody, corpse-like person sitting against a tree on the hill in front of me.
"Hiccup?!" I exclaimed, shocked to see him.
He nodded slowly, as if every movement pained him.
"I must say, I have to congratulate you on finally achieving your super. It is an extremely rare thing, with only seven non-superior tiers who have done it."

My eyes widened. "Did I?" I mouthed, and he nodded again.
"You also defeated the Void Demon. Now, I am free." And with that, his body jerked forwards, and his skin changed into Void Fluid. The Void Demon was standing in front of me, completely still. Faceless as it was, it spoke,
"This part of the corruption is no more."

I struggled to take it all in. I had defeated it?

TRUST

Wait...

NO

"What do you mean, 'part of the corruption'?" I asked, confuzzled.
He laughed - that same, creepy laugh he had laughed all those years ago.
"I MEAN... THE VOID. NEVER. DIES."

ONE

There was a terrifying shriek, and Hiccup/The Void Demon sunk into the ground, leaving behind what I took as blood.
There was suddenly an eerie silence.
"Um... hello? Hiccup?" I called out nervously.

Without warning, an immense, pointed tower of pure black began to rise up from the ground; then another, then another.
An aggressive, insanely loud roar sounded from beneath my feet, shaking the entire hill. That roar sounded like it was from something like Godzilla.

It was then I realised the towers could well be arms, or claws. They were forty metres tall, and four of them. I was surrounded.
A blinding fog rolled in, through the gaps between the claws, but it wasn't thick enough for me to be unable to see the Void Demon standing a few metres away from me.

"It is said in some of the most ancient places, Astrid:
'Be afraid of the Void Demon. But cower before the Void Devil.'"