17 - part 1

|albany|

May 2014

"You did it!" I gushed, laughing and hugging Sam as we walked into my aunt's living room.
"We did it." He grinned, picking me up and spinning me around.
"Why does Sam have a better relationship than me?" Annie ask Emily while watching the two of us.
"I'm surprised he just graduated high school." Emily mumbled.
"Hey!" Sammy called out, "I heard that!"
His sisters shook their heads and smiled.
"Alright everyone! Party's in the backyard!" My aunt announced.
The Glazer's, Gilinsky's, Johnson's, and the Wilkinson siblings were all here along with a small amount of my family like my sister and grandma.
Everybody made their way to the backyard where there were tables and chairs set up along with colored balloons.
"Graduates, line up." Emily Wilkinson cheered, pulling out her phone.
I stood inbetween Sam and Johnson while Emily stood next to Gilinsky who was to Johnson's left.
We took a bunch of pictures and soon dug into all the food my aunt had catered.
"I'll be right back, I just chugged two cans of Coke." He whispered before giggling and getting up.
I turned to Jack G. who was sitting next to me, and he seemed to be admiring Emily Glazer from afar as she talked to Molly.
"You're totally in love with her."
"Jesus christ Albany y-you... I'm not in love with her." He jumped and turned around to face me.
"I see the way you look at her. It's the way-"
"The way Sam looks at you?"
I looked him in the eyes for the moment, he was damn right.
I slowly nodded, "And Sam makes me feel like the only girl in the world. You can make Emily feel that way too."
Jack looked down at his hands and played with his finger tips.
"I don't know Al, I mean, we've been friends since Kindergarten. What if I ask her out and she says no? What if I-"
"No what if's, Jack. You go and you get that girl. Trust me, she's waiting for you."
Jack spang up right and looked at me with a big smile.
"You think so?"
I nodded again with confidence, "And if not, you can blame it on me. Promise."
I ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek before heading inside towards the house.
"Sam sure does take a while to pee." I mumbled, making my way upstairs. I needed to take these heels off ASAP.
"Sam?" I called out, no answer.
"Sammy? Where are-"
I cane to a halt when I entered my room. Well, mostly empty room now. There stood Sam with very important papers in his hand. He was standing near my desk where I knew he found them.
"When were you going to tell me?" He scoffed, looking at me with pure dissapointment.
"Baby I-"
"Don't baby me, Albany. Five months?! You've kept this from me for five months?!" His voice grew louder as he clentched the papers in his large hands.
"I wanted to, Sam! I really did! All you ever talked about was not wanting me to leave you for college! How was I suppose to tell you I got into NYU!" I screamed, and cue the tears.
"When are you leaving?" He said, taking in deep breaths.
"T-Tomorrow morning." It barely come out as a whisper.
"FUCK, FUCKING TOMORROW? YOU WERE GOING TO PACK UP YOUR THINGS AND GET ON A PLANE TOMORROW FOR COLLEGE, AND LEAVE ME HERE?! WITHOUT TELLING ME?!"
I pressed my hands up against my face as I cried into them, I hated when he yelled. Especially at me.
"Sam you need to understand how good this is for me. They have an amazing music program and I-"
"Great, my own girlfriend is picking a witty college over me." He threw his hands up in the air and they slapped at his sides.
"Witty college?", I narrowed my eyes at him, "This is the best college out there, Sammy! I want a future! I-"
"You were my future!"
His words hit me like a ton of bricks: were.
I was, which means I am no longer.
"S-Sammy i'm sorry I-"
"No, you know what? You go, you fly to New York tomorrow morning and go to NYU. I wish you the best, but as of right now I don't want to see you anymore." His voice returned to a low and quiet state.
As I stood there trembling and crying, Sammy rushed passed me and shoved my acceptence letter and plane ticket into my chest on the way out.
'I don't want to see you anymore.'
His last words kept repeating in my head as I remained in place for the next time minutes feeling empty.
I didn't move.
I didn't cry.
I didn't speak.
I was too wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't realize my cousin, the Jacks, and Emily come hurrying into my room. None of them knew I was leaving for New York besides Vince, so they were utterly confused when they saw my empty room filled with boxes.
But none of that mattered to me. They didn't matter to me right now. The one sole person I cared about, the one person I loved with all my heart, the one person who had taken over my world left. And he left for good this time.
Sammy left me.

_________________________

HOLY SHIT.
I WAS GETTING EMOTIONAL WHEN I WROTE THIS, NOT GOANNA LIE.

PART ONE OF THIS BOOK IS OVER !!!!!!!!

PART TWO OF THIS BOOK WILL BE UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ;)