Chapter Seven

"How about this one" Marceline questions, and I turn to her.

"Oh" I say, surprised at how much I actually like it.

It's a scientist costume, involving a lab coat and some undergarments. I did see a false science kit earlier...After the girls had left.

One of the girls, who's name I didn't catch, said that her mom was serving pork chops, and other girls begged to join her, leaving only LSP, Marceline, and I alone.

Smiling, I grab it from her hands.

"I think I'll try it on."

She smiles, and shouts "hey LSP, have you found yours yet?"

He appears from a curtain of clothing, a wide smile on his cheeks, and a bag of an unknown costume in his arms.

"You know it" he says, walking straight into the dressing room.

Marceline and I follow, quickly changing from our school clothing into the costumes.

I have no difficulty at all, somehow actually suiting the costume very well. The white t-shirt beneath the lab coat is straight, few wrinkles in it, and perfectly fitting the black pants given to me. But...the pants are a bit too big.

Sighing, I begin to brainstorm.

"Okay" LSP shouts, "come out in three, two, one!"

I leave my small stall, and look up to everyone else's costumes.

Marceline is wearing an Sorceress costume, with the long black dress and everything. Personally, it suits her, with two slits that show her pale legs.

I look over to LSP, and cough, shocked at what I see.

He is in an Alice in wonderland costume, that is too short for his own good.

"Don't worry" he says, popping the gum in his mouth. "I'll put some padding in, and wear a wig."

Marceline laughs, and I turn red, feeling wrong just staring at the outfit.

"Let's check out" she says, and I crawl back into my dressing room.

After two hours of shopping and five different Halloween stores, we finally have our Halloween costumes.

Thank glob.

~Later~

LSP drops me off at home, Marceline shouts goodbye, as I enter my home.

Dropping my backpack, and Halloween store bag, I enter my kitchen.

It's only 4:24 yet I am starving.

Bringing out a pan, milk, and a can of soup, I pour the ingredients into the pan, heating it up slowly.

I stir it a few times, before letting it simmer, and walking to the bathroom.

Glancing in the mirror, I lift my shirts, wincing again at the bruise which is now dark purple. My facial bruises are not as dark, some of my cheek bruise slowly disappearing.

Sighing, I place my shirt down, sitting on the toilet to think. I'm trying to be Marshall's friends, but...I don't think I can handle another beating.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings, and I stand up. Exiting the restroom, I run to the door, slipping in my socks.

"Yes" I question, opening the door to an unexpected face. "M-Marshall Lee" I stutter out, shocked at how weird his timing is.

"Hey Gumwad" he smirks, walking past me.

I keep silent, shutting the door slowly, as I watch him walk straight into the kitchen.

"What's cooking" he shouts, and I begin to worry.

Running into the kitchen, I see him sniff my soup of potato, and walk up to him.

"It's my dinner" I say, "if you would Marshall Lee, could you explain why you're at my house?"

Hopping onto my dining room table, he gives a chuckle.

"I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by."

Raising an eyebrow, I reach into a drawer, grabbing two spoons.

"How do you even know where I live?"

He shrugs, "I saw Marceline and gay boy drop you off."

Sighing, I say "his name is LSP."

Looking up, I open a kitchen cupboard above me, searching for a bowl. With my luck, the bowls are all the way at the top.

Climbing onto the counter, I reach up, grabbing two bowls, gripping them tightly, as I hear Marshall taunt me.

Just as I place one bowl on the counter, my jeans slip on the slippery counter, and I fall back. Tightly closing my eyes, I grip my bowl, waiting for the hit.

When it doesn't come, I open my eyes, unaware that Marshall had somehow caught me. Laying in his arms bridal style, I stare into his dark eyes, which flash a bright red.

My blue orbs widen, as I question him.

"Marshall?"

He leans down, his mouth slightly open, and I can't help but let my eyes flutter shut. He nudges my head over, his lips landing on my neck.

I softly gasp, the contact causing an instant spark, as he slides his mouth over my pale neck. My hands grip the bowl harder.

As my breath hitches, and his mouth comes closer to my mouth, a loud ringing is heard.

Squealing, I look up, shocked when I see the phone ringing.

Marshall growls, dropping me from his arms, and I run to the phone.

"H-hello" I question, hoping I don't sound too flustered.

My face burns dark pink, and I begin to worry that Marshall will see me like this.

"Gumball" Peppermint Maid says, "your mother has sent you a letter."

The phone clicks, and I realize that she's hung up.

Placing it back into its holder, I turn back to Marshall, shocked when I don't see him anywhere.

"M-Marshall?"

Placing the bowl down on the counter, I walk to a clear open door, the wind blowing gently on the white curtains. He must've left...

Shutting and locking the glass door, I walk back into the kitchen, my neck still warm with his familiar breath.

***

Before going to bed, I grab the envelope I received from my Mother, and break the royal seal, slowly pulling out the letter.

'Dear Prince Gumball,

I am very pleased to hear that you have attended your first day or school. Please tell me, what is it like over there. I am convincing your father, the King, to allow us to visit.

You must know that everyday you are on my mind, as I wonder how much my baby has grown. Even your father, the King, misses you. Thank you for the picture sent from your last letter, I carry it with me every moment of every day.

Sadly, I am required in a meeting about Aaa, and must end this short letter. You are a beautiful young man, and I am upset that I haven't heard your voice in 10 years.

With Love,
Your Mother, Queen of Aaa

P.S.
I have sprayed my perfume onto my signature, just in case the last letter's scent has died. Love you!
'

I smell the bottom of the page, where her signature rests, and her scent fills my nostrils.

If love has a scent, this would be it.