Chapter Ten

"I'm so sorry he threw your milkshake on you, and I wasn't there to stop him" Flame apologizes.

We stand at my front door, Flame saying that he didn't want me to be uncomfortable at the diner with a sticky face. He immediately drove me home.

I smile, wiping my cheek with a napkin I took from the restaurant, for the ride home.

"It's alright" I say, my sticky face feeling ugly. "At least you didn't dump a milkshake onto me."

I give a light chuckle as I put the napkin down, staring at Flame.

He wipes his finger on my nose, and I see a small streak of shake on his finger. Embarrassed, I begin to say something, but he places his finger in his mouth.

Shocked, I stand there dumbfounded.

"Mm" he says, a small smile on his face. "Strawberry."

He gives a wave, hopping off my doorstep, and walking to his silver Chevrolet Malibu. I know very little when it comes to automobiles, but I'm pretty sure his car cost more than an average person.

As he drives away, I enter my house, locking the door behind me.

Flame really does know how to play with my heartstrings.

I step forward, but freeze as a crunch is heard beneath me.

Looking to the wooden floor under my shoe, I glance at the red envelope below me. A red envelope?

Kneeling down, I open the dark envelope, surprised at the seal that keeps the flap secured shut. This must be a pretty important letter, or sender.

Grabbing the white paper within the envelope, I slowly begin to read it.

'Dear Sir Gumball,

Marceline has told me much of you, and I would like for us to meet. It seems that you have gotten to know my son as well, sorry if he causes you any trouble.

Be prepared after school today, my trusted chauffeur, Charles, is going to pick you up.

Sincerely,
The Vampire Queen'

Gasping, I re-read the letter, wondering if I missed something.

Marceline and Anthony's mother is the Vampire Queen?!

They're vampires?!

Oh god... suddenly I freeze.

Charlie is coming to get me, in a matter of minutes. I have to get dressed, ready, comb my hair! If I upset her with my appearance, she'll suck my soul from my bod-

Ding Dong

Gasping, I look to the door, seeing a shadow from the window beside it.

Charlie's here.

Running to the door, I examine my casual outfit, fixing it, as I open the door.

A tall man, with arms that can barely be contained by a blazer, stands in front of me. His dark black hair is slicked to the side, glasses covering his darkened eyes. Everything about this man screams professional.

"H-hello" I say, wishing my voice would cooperate my wishes of note shaking.

"Gumball" he questions, his facial expression not changing for a slim of a second.

I nod, grabbing my pink umbrella from its hook beside the door. Grabbing my house keys as well, I exit my home, locking and mentally hugging my door.

I might never see it again.

***

"We are here" Charlie says, exiting the front of the limousine.

The tinted windows frighten me, my ability to see out of them being very little to none. But that must be how the Queen prefers it.

I've only met the Vampire Queen once in my life, and that was when I was only 5 or so. My parents took me on a tour of all kingdoms, wanting me to get a fiancé at an early age, but I never chose one.

Instead, I had dark dreams about how the Vampire Queen would kill or suck my life from my body, while I lay in bed at night.

She was my worst nightmare.

The door beside me is pulled open, bringing me from my thoughts, as I exit the safety or the limousine. Gripping my frilly umbrella in my hands, I tense as I climb the stairs leading to a summer home.

Even though the wind has begun to pick up, and night slowly approaches, I only shiver from fright. The only way to leave this place is to drive through their steel iron gates, which are surround by the darkness of a hellish forest.

Literal nightmare.

"The Queen is waiting for you in the dining room."

I nod to Charlie, slowly entering the mansion, and being as quiet as possible. I ascend the long staircase, with a blood red carpet cloaking each nervous step I take. Maybe she actually wants to talk, not suck my blood.

Then again, I have conversed with her daughter and son, future important royalty. I, being the prince of a small kingdom like Aaa, have no benefit to them whatsoever.

Might as well kill me off now.

When I finally reach the last step, I barely notice an old man who wears a nice tuxedo, with a red tie beneath his blazer.

"This way, Sir Gumball."

He begins walking down the dark hallway, which is only lit by candles, giving a spooky effect.

"Through this door awaits the Queen and her children" he states, pointing his arm toward the large double doors that await for my push.

Hopefully I don't pull instead of push.