13 ☁︎ The Puppetmaster

Discord - The Living Tombstone
You Need To Calm Down - Taylor Swift

Third person pov
3/16/2012
"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's report in the tesseract. But it's going to take weeks to process." Bruce pointed out.

The science bros were in Shield's lab on the helicarrier. Both were trying to find the lost tesseract before it unleashed mass destruction.

"If we bypass their mainframe we can clock this around 600 teraflops." Robert responded as he finished what he was doing on his computer. The billionaire then grabbed some blueberries and walked over to Bruce.

"All I packed was a toothbrush." Bruce chuckled and Robert laughed at him. "You know you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors all R&D. You'd love it, it's Candyland."

"Thanks but the last time I was in New York, I kind of, broke...Harlem." Bruce looked up from his work.

"Well, I promise a stress-free environment. No tension, no surprises." Robert assured Brucr. But then Robert poked Bruce with an electrified metal rod that shocked the Doctor. "Nothing?"

"Hey! Are you nuts man?" Chris yelled out as he came into the room.

Robert ignored Chris and continued asking Bruce about the other guy. "You really have got the lid on that. What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, a huge bag of weed?" Both Chris and Bruce rolled their eyes as Bruce continued working.

"Why would you do that? You shouldn't jeopardize our safety, Robert. No offense doc." Chris said as he looked around the lab.

"It's all right, I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce chuckled while he worked.

"Why do you think Fury called us in now and not before? Sophia told me that she informed Fury exactly what would have happened and yet he didn't call us in till now." Robert rounded the table as he was speaking so that he could face Chris.

"I think we both know what he's hiding," Chris said quietly. "What? What is he hiding?" Bruce asked mildly confused.

"Weapons. We need to find fury and confront him about it." Robert replied. Chris knew what he had to do so he walked off to find the evidence.

Robert and Bruce continued working on the algorithm to find the Tesseract as well as finding out the secrets behind phase two. After all even Shield's secrets have secrets.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the helicarrier, Agent Coulson was attempting to convince his daughter figure to follow Fury's orders.

First-person pov
"Fury wants you to talk to Loki, Sophia." Coulson was walking behind me trying to convince me to do this.

I stopped and turned to Coulson. "Even though I told Fury exactly what Loki is trying to achieve?" I complained. Coulson had a look of sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry Soph. The director just wants some solid evidence." Coulson sighed.

"This attack wasn't enough? I told him and all the higher-ups exactly what would have happened while they kept experimenting." I ranted as I put my head in my hands.

"Truly I am sorry. If it were me I wouldn't have you do this. However, the Director won't take any action without solid proof. Take Scarlett with you if you feel the need to." Coulson tried to reason with me.

I sighed and after a few moments, I replied. "Fine. You tell the Director that I'm following his stupid orders. I'll see you later Coulson." We said our goodbyes and I walked over to the cafe to find Scarlett. She had told me that's where she would be as she was on her break.