11 ☁︎ Awakened

Eleanor Rigby - Cody Fry
Smooth Criminal (Glee Cast Version) - Michael Jackson

Third person pov
3/14/2012
Tonight was the night. The night that everyone from the other world was waiting for. The tesseract awakened.

As this was to be expected, everyone not necessary to monitor the tesseract was evacuated, taking everything that they could with them.

Fury was notified immediately by one special agent Coulson. Fury then took a helicopter to the mountain base with one of his most trusted agents, Cobie. Jeremy was also stationed on that remote Shield base as a backup.

"How bad is it?" Fury asked Coulson after he disembarked from the helicopter. He was almost yelling to try and make his voice heard over the spinning helicopter blades.

"That's the problem, Sir. We don't know." Fury sighed as the trio walked over to the main elevator.

"We told you that this would happen." Cobie reminded Fury. At that Fury just shook his head and walked into the elevator.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the tesseract hours ago," Coulson informed Fury as the group stepped out of the elevator.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase."

"He wasn't testing it. He wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous event." In the end, Coulson looked behind them at Cobie.

"It turned itself on exactly as we warned." The boys said nothing as they continued to the tesseract.

"Where are the energy levels now?" Fury questioned Coulson.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac." He pointed around at the said evacuation.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asked.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." Coulson nodded then left to help with the evac.

"Sir, with all due respect, we need to get out. Like really soon before something worse happens." Cobie cautioned as the duo walked up the stairs.

"I'm doing my best Cobie but I need to check this out. I need you to make sure the phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?"

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on," Fury argued as he turned around on the top of the stairs.

"Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

"Yes sir," Cobie said annoyed as she gave him one last warning glare. She ordered some standby agents to follow her as Fury walked to the tesseract containment area.

"Talk to me, doctor."

"Director." Erik Selvig sighed.

"Is there anything we know for certain?"

"The tesseract is misbehaving," Selvig answered Fury. At the same time, a scientist poked the tesseract. In response, the blue cube flared off some blue fire.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury questioned confused. Selvig met up with fury and they started walking to the computers in the back of the room.

"No, it's not funny at all. The tesseract is not only active, but she's also... behaving." Selvig admitted with a hint of intrigue.

"I assume you pulled the plug."

"She's an energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level-"