Tutor ~ Song Yaxuan

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the gates. A woman went out of the house and opened the gates for me. "Good day, Aunt Song." I greeted with a bow as a sign of respect.

"Good day to you too." She smiled. "He's waiting for you by the living room. Come."

I nodded my head at her and she escorted me towards the house. Their house is beautiful. A small boy was there in the living room, sitting on the sofa watching cartoons on the television.

"Your tutor is here." Auntie Song said.

The boy looked up and smiled with a nod. He turned off the TV and took his notebooks, textbooks, and pens then he put them on the coffee table.

I sat on the carpet and he did too. I started to teach him the basics in Hanggeul such as the Korean alphabet and simple vocabularies.

This boy is maybe 5 or 7 years younger than me, but he learns fast. Maybe because he is determined to learn how to speak Korean.

He memorized the Korean alphabet in a blink of an eye and so we moved on to the numbers. An hour has passed and I was done tutoring him for today.

"Have some snacks." Aunt Song invited.

We stood up and went to the dining room where there were fruits, bread, and fresh fruit juice. We started eating while we were trying to get along with one another.

"So, why do you want to learn Hanggeul?" I asked.

"My brother went to Korea one time!" She said enthusiastically. "Someday, I want to come with him and talk professionally to look cool."

"No wonder you were determined to learn." I teased.

After an hour or two, I finally decided that I should go home. "Aunt Song, I'll be going now!" I announced.

"Eat dinner first, dear." She sweetly said. "Come on, don't be shy. Let's eat all together."

I couldn't insist, so I obliged. The food was delicious. They were polite and kind to me.

I was about to go home but it suddenly rained heavily, and I don't have any umbrellas with me.

"Oh gosh, it's raining cats and dogs. My umbrella is broken, and the other umbrella is with Yaxuan." Said Aunt Song. "Why don't you just sleep here for tonight? Your home is a bit far from here too. I'll tell your mom, don't worry."

"I'll go get the blankets." Mr. Song volunteered and went upstairs.

...

I was woken up by the thunder. The rain hasn't stopped yet. I sighed and looked at the time on my phone. It's midnight already. I decided to go downstairs to drink water because I suddenly felt thirsty.

As I went downstairs, I went to the fridge and took out a pitcher of cold water. I took a glass and was about to pour water, but I felt like someone was watching me.

I decided to ignore that feeling and poured water on my glass. I drank it and felt refreshed. I put the glass in the sink and returned the pitcher in the fridge.

I was about to step on the first staircase but the someone pulled my arm. I wanted to scream, but that person had covered my mouth. Could it be a burglar?!

I was pinned to the wall. This guy put down his hand from my mouth. Now is the chance to scream for help, but I couldn't get a single word out of my mouth.

"Why are you here?" He asked. The thunder suddenly joined in, and it made me flinch in surprise.

"Who are you?" He asked again. "Answer me."

"I- I..."

I can feel that this guy just took a bath. It wasn't dark enough so I could see his face. Geez, this handsome guy is demanding.

"Answer me."

"I..."

The lights suddenly lit up and we looked up the stairs. There stands my student.

"Yaxuan Gege! I didn't know that you were into my tutor."

Yaxuan what?

"Who is this?" He asked. "I demand an explanation."

"She's my tutor in Hanggeul."

"Then why is she here?"

"What's the noise about?" Aunt Song asked as he saw us in this state. "Yaxuan, that is not how you welcome a visitor!"

"A visitor?!"

"Aiya, she is your didi's tutor!"

"That's what I said." My student butted in.

"So she isn't a robber?"

"Well she will be if she robs your heart."

Both of us blushed, realizing we're actually so close to each other because he's been pinning me to the wall. He awkwardly moved away. "Sorry about that."

Song Yaxuan, this is such an unforgettable way to meet someone.