Chapter 24: My Walls Are Up

{Killian's POV}
Killian waited outside for what seemed like centuries. What could she be doing with that wooden man-child anyways? He knew she cared for him, but that only made him more edgy. He sat down on the floor and thought of the baby. Emma's baby. His baby... He would build the baby's room, him and Emma would paint it together. Killian smiled of the beautiful thought and closed his eyes. A summer afternoon, the windows open, Emma's belly the size of a rum barrel, the smell of fresh paint.. blue?? pink?? Emma painting the walls as he tried to figure out how to put a crib together. Her walking over to help him with the crib because he doesn't know what the bloody hell he's doing.

"Hook?" He opened his eyes, away from the dream and into reality.

"Swan, I was worried I was gonna have to go find you sooner or later," he got up and smiled at her. "The puppet man DID run into Regina and your parents.. how do we know it wasn't on purpose?" He asked shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh, Killian don't be jealous, August is just a friend. I know him and he would NEVER do that to anyone." She chuckled and leaned up to give him a quick kiss. "Let's go home." She said smiling. They walked to the car and he opened the drivers side getting in.

"What happened with the puppet?" He asked her as they drove down the main road.

"His name is August and he thinks he got possessed. I don't know, maybe he's still on the medication or just doesn't remember anything." She rested her hand on his hook which was setting on the arm rest.

"Strange. You'd think if he didn't hit his head, he'd remember." Hook pulled up into the driveway.

"I'm not sure," she said closing the car door. "He seemed a little off and he wasn't lying." Killian opened the door.

"Do you have YOUR medication?" Killian joked as if she was insane. She held up the tiny orange bottle and continued.

"But, I just don't know what to think. We need to help him remember. We'll go tomorrow." She set her purse on the kitchen table.

"Emma, no." He said with a tone. "Don't you know what the doctor said? What your father said? There's no way I'm letting you leave." He took off his leather jacket laying it on the table next to his purse.

"Killian I need to do something. August needs our hel-" he took a step closer to her.

"Swan," he said sternly. "I'm not letting you go, end of story. Please think of yourself for once. If you can't do that, think of our baby."

"You don't think I'm thinking of the baby?!" She shouted throwing her hands in the air. "You don't think I'm thinking of Henry or anyone else in this freaking town? Look..." She started pacing. "I'm trying my hardest and I don't know what you want from me, but I can't do this right now." Emma walked off to the bedroom before Killian grabbed her arm stopping her.

"And you think I'm AGAINST you? Bloody hell, I thought you were dying back there... You don't think this is hard for me too? You don't think it's hard for me to watch my wife suffering and there's nothing I can do about it?" He paused as she stared at him. "I meant fiancé... not wife." She pulled away from him. He followed her into the bedroom. "Swan, I've never had a family other than my brother... I don't know what it's like! But I know it's NOT taking risks like this. You have to be smarter than this!" He yelled as she walked to the bathroom.

"I'm taking a shower, I can't do this right now." She said angrily slamming the door.

"You can't keep shut me out, Emma!" He bellowed against the door before walking out to cool off.