Chapter 28: Another Crisis

{Emma's POV}
Awaking the next morning, she had turned to her left to see that Killian was gone already. Staying at home, for Emma, was going to be hell. But, she managed to get up, dressed, and walk out to make herself breakfast. Forgetting Killian had gone to get August, she jumped when she saw him on the couch.

"Didn't mean to startle you." He chuckled.

"It's fine." Emma let out a sigh. Walking over to the counter, she saw a mug of hot cocoa with cinnamon waiting for her. "Did Killian make this?" She asked over her shoulder.

"Yep! Already finished mine. Your one-handed boyfriend knows how to make a mean cup of hot chocolate." He laughed at his own joke as Emma rolled her eyes. She found it humorous that they each had their own nicknames for each other.

"You're here to help me out you know?" Emma asked him laughing.

"Awe darn I thought you were here to serve me." He said joking around. "Just kidding I know why I'm here. I'm here to help you figure out what happened on my bike. I don't know. I didn't even have a destination to be." He grunted, trying to stand to get a piece of paper from his pocket and handing it to Emma. "This is all the evidence I have. It was in my pocket the day I crashed, and the doctors found it." Oh great yet another crisis to deal with.

"What is this?" She asked unfolding it to look inside. She froze. "August... what does this mean?" Nerves stuck her. It didn't say Verus Diligo, but something rather similar.

"ᏉℰℛUЅ ᏉℐℒℐℂUЅ." He looked at it once more before pulling up Google translator.

"It sounds Italian, try that." Emma looked at the fancy but somehow threatening writing. She knew that hand writing from somewhere. From a ransom... No it couldn't be. There was no way.

"It's Latin," he replied putting the phone down for her to look at it. It read 'Verus Viliscus has translated as Truest Villains'.

"Gold" she said dropping the note.

"Wait, Rumplestiltskin?" He asked. "Didn't you defeat him? He's in Pandora's box, there's no way he could write that, or put it in my pocket." She remembered the time when he had declared her to have magic. The warm, scary memory when she defeated Cora by blasting her back with magic.

"Magic is very powerful, and he has a lot of it. Gold knows how to get out of everything." Emma said rubbing her eyes, stressed.

"Wait, so I WAS possessed? By Gold?" He questioned confused. Emma looked down at the note and then back up at August.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but... yes I think so..."