Chapter ten

Here we go a-fucking-gain

"So you're telling me I need to pick between my dad and going on a trip to have fun?" Tyra mugged her older brother.

Khalan nodded his head. "It seems like you got it."

Tyra stared at her older brother in disbelief. She understands that Khalan is doing her a favor, but he shouldn't be able to hold it over her head. She just wants to have fun for the first time in a while. Her friends planned a vacation for their winter/Christmas break. The problem was that Tyra needed $2000+ to go. She asked Khalan, who immediately shut it down.

"Khalan I need the money to go, what are you not understanding?!"

"I understand, but you gotta understand that I'm not just pulling money out my ass, Tyra! A whole nother nigga bout to come in the house. You begging me to provide for your father yet you begging me for two thousand to go on a trip, pick one."

"It's not like you don't have it!"

"Go get a job, then maybe you can have it too."

Khalan was being serious this time. He wasn't giving in. He only got a Walmart job with occasional selling. He not rich. He just knows how to save money and play his cards right. Tyra asking for that amount out of nowhere and actually thinking she was going to get it was crazy. Even Taija told her to shut it up because Khalan was already doing her a big enough favor.

"So I can't go?"

"Never said you can't go, I'm just not paying." Khalan shrugged and started to walk away.

"I bet Jamir would've paid it."

Khalan whipped his head in the direction of his younger sibling. They haven't said that name in years after they agreed to never speak on him again. That was probably the worst fight Tyra and Khalan had ever gotten into.

"Tyra, don't start no shit for real."

"I'm just saying," she shrugged. "Jamir would've gladly helped me out, he loved helping us out."

"You can't even keep a relationship and the nigga you have now is refusing to fuck you, bitch." Khalan shot back at Tyra.

"You don't know nothing about my relationship!"

"But I do know y'all not fucking," Khalan shrugged his shoulders as he smiled. She should've never brought up Jamir. "And I should tell yo bitch, ass, daddy nevermind and let him stay locked up." Khalan got pettier.

"You're just mad cause the man you was so down bad for fucked your little sister, bitch!"

Jamir was Khalan's first and only relationship. It was real-life puppy love. Khalan was the happiest he had ever been in that relationship, and everybody could see it. But Tyra ruined it. Was Tyra the only one at fault? No. But she initiated the whole interaction.

Khalan was 19, Jamir was 17, going on 18, and Tyra was 16 at the time.

Khalan met Jamir in high school. Jamir was a junior, while Khalan was a senior. They used to talk in the halls, and when Khalan graduated, that's when they exchanged numbers. From there, they started talking less like friends and more like they were in a relationship.

Jamir was the first to make a real move. He asked Khalan if he wanted to date him. Khalan had originally said no because he didn't think Jamir would benefit from a relationship with him, but Jamir assured him that he didn't care about any of that. Khalan made it official a few days later.

Jamir was one of the sweetest human beings that Khalan has ever gotten close to. You could basically say Jamir was like Akia personality-wise, but just a lot more cussing and less blushing.