Chapter nineteen

KHALAN

"Did I pop two already?"

I stared blankly at the two pills in my hand and thought about it. When would I have? I couldn't remember, but I'm sure I didn't. "Nah, I ain't pop shit." I mumbled aloud to further convince myself. I then threw my head back to swallow them easily. I took a sip of water to chase them down before putting my jacket on.

There's another party today. And just like always, we're going to go.

I need to live my life as much as I can before that fucknigga comes back and ruins shit again. But even if he does, I'll have nobody to blame but myself. I'm grown enough to know shit ain't going to be sweet after letting this man into my house, but I'll deal with it.

"You look good, love." Jamir complimented me.

"Mhm. You too."

I'm not lying. Jamir does look good as fuck right now—he always has, and I'm convinced that he always will. Since we met at that party, we've been hanging around each other. We are not getting back together, and I told his ass multiple times. He accepted it, but at this point, I think he was forgetting.

It's my fault too. I've known him for so long that it just feels natural to always have my hands on him, despite the years I haven't seen him. And it goes the same way for him. He can't keep his hands off of me either. I don't get on him about it; I let him do what he wants.

Jamir stood up from his seat on my couch and walked over to me. He wrapped his arms loosely around my waist, pulling us close together. He then propped his head on my chest while looking up at me with puckered lips. "Can I have a kiss?"

I sucked my teeth and looked away from his full lips.

"Man, let go. I ain't in the mood for this shit."

"Khalan, I just want a kiss. Please?" He begged. When we were dating, he would do this all the time. I found it cute, amusing, and tempting. I wouldn't hesitate to give him what he wanted. I leaned down and gave him a quick kiss before pushing him away lightly. I licked my lips before I started to walk out of the door.

"Khalan! That small ass kiss, that's no fair!"

"Hurry yo ass up before I leave you here, Jamir."

Jamir laughed and followed me out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind him. I unlocked my car doors, and we both got in. "You're still as mean as ever. That's what made me like you in the first place. You know that?"

"Mhm. You told me before, Jamir."

"I wish we could go back. We were so young and in love. Do you ever wish you could go back too?"

"Mhm." I answered honestly. Although there was a lot of fucked-up shit happening during that time, there's some stuff I would go back to change that would probably make me more stable right now. But I ain't trying to think of that shit right now. I'm about to go to a party and get drunk off my ass.

It wasn't until we got to the party that I started to feel out of it. I haven't ever felt like this in my life. I feel like my head is about to explode. I smoked a blunt to calm me down a bit, but that didn't work. If anything, it just made me worse than what I felt before.

"You okay, Khalan?" Jamir tapped my shoulder repeatedly. I downed my drink before looking over my shoulder at him.

"I'm good, bae."

Jamir smiled and nodded his head taking my word, before going back to a conversation with Marbell. She looked uninterested. She didn't want Jamir to come in the first place, but Jamir asked me, and I didn't want to tell his ass no after I just fucked him, so here we are. Arian was pissed off about it too, but after he just took his ex back, he knew he couldn't say a fucking thing.