Chapter twenty-two

WEEKS LATER

"Who the fuck ate my wings, bro?!" Khalan slammed the fridge back, angry. He just got off of his long overnight shift and came home to his left-overs being eaten. The person didn't take two or three wings from the twenty that were in there. The person ate all of them, including the fries, and Khalan was livid.

Tyra came down the stairs fully dressed for her class. She walked into the kitchen, freezing for a second, when she saw Khalan standing there, upset.

"Why do you have an attitude? You just got off of work." Tyra pushed past him to find herself something to eat.

Khalan ran his hands down his face, trying to calm down and not yell at her because he didn't know if she did it or not. Even if she didn't, then that means her daddy did, which means Khalan might still go off on her.

"You ate my wings, Tyra?" He asked calmly.

Tyra shook her head as she began making herself a sandwich. Khalan chuckled a bit already, knowing she was guilty because she wasn't talking. Any other time, she would start arguing, talking about how Khalan hates her because he's always accusing her—even though it mostly be her.

"Nah, because you ate my shit, and then you gonna sit in my face and lie? Now I'm just gonna be hungry as fuck—"

"I was eating them first, and I told her she could have some. I wasn't going to eat them all, but those shits were too good." James came into the kitchen shirtless, ashy, and looking like the man of the house. Khalan didn't like that because he pays the bills for this shit.

"Your grown ass sat here and—!" Khalan started to yell, but then he took a deep breath and nodded his head instead. He's about to just go to sleep and call it a day. He has to clock back in at 6:50 PM. That's about nine hours of sleep.

"He said you gave it to him." Tyra took a bite out of her sandwich, looking confused.

"I ain't give shit to nobody, but it's cool." Khalan started to walk out of the kitchen, but just like always, James wanted to start things with him. "Your grown ass mad because somebody ate your food, what are you, a bitch?" James tried to get Khalan to react, but he wasn't having it. "If you would've bought food for everyone, then this could've been avoided."

"Daddy, stop messing with him before he gets mad. Khalan, I didn't know it was yours. He said you gave it to him. I can make you a sandwich if you want." Tyra offered. She's been trying to be on her best behavior since her dad got here, but don't be mistaken; she's still her dad's evil twin.

No, hoe. I want my food. Khalan thought.

"Nah, it's cool." Khalan said, walking away feeling anything, but cool.
———

Khalan sat at his desk, eating his subway sandwich happily. He also had some wings from the same place he had gotten the other ones from on the side. He no longer had an attitude.

"You did your shit with this one, Akia." Khalan took a sip of his drink before letting out a refreshed sigh.

After Khalan had left the kitchen and gone to his room, he attempted to go to sleep, but he got a call. The person who called was Akia, and since Khalan already had an attitude, he let it out on him.

After a few long minutes of confusion and trying to figure out what he had done wrong, Akia ended up finding out the problem was that Khalan was hungry, and so he went and got the older man some food—that was also an excuse to come see him since Tyra wouldn't be home today.

"You didn't even offer me any," Akia fake pouted, letting out a deep breath. He leaned back on Khalan's bed and got comfortable. They agreed to take a nap after this since Khalan has work.