EPILOGUE

Four years later~

"Go ask your daddy if we can go out to get food."

The little girl looked between her father talking to her and her other father, who had just walked into the house from work. She then ran up to her father, who didn't hesitate to pick her up right away.

"How was your day, Lala?" Khalan smiled at his daughter in his arms and kissed her cheek repeatedly. This girl is a splitting image of the man.

"Me and Daddy went to the park, and we took Bee and Vel to the park." She talked all about her day and how the cats had a lot of fun on the swings with her. Another cat was eventually added to the family.

Khalan knew his daughter was bubbly, but obviously something was up, and Mila proved him right with her next sentence. "And now me andDaddyy are hungry, and we want to get something to eat." She smiled, showing her baby teeth.

Khalan sucked his teeth and immediately looked over to his husband.

"Baby, why did you put her up to this?" Khalan immediately saw through his husband's plan. It's nothing new.

"No! My daddy didn't tell me to do it, I wanted it." Mila stood up for her father with no hesitation.

Khalan walked further into the house and kissed Akia's cheek twice before kissing his lips once. Mila groaned at her lovey-dovey parents.

Mila is a three-year-old little girl and the daughter of Khalan and Akia. She was made by Khalan's sperm and a donor. The donor will not be part of Mila's life, and it was completely her decision. Regardless, Milas has two perfectly qualified parents taking care of her.

Khalan and Akia couldn't be happier with their lives right now. They have a daughter. Have amazing jobs. A nice house. A strong relationship that has been going on for a total of six years, two years married.

Khalan's family is the calmest it's ever been.

Tyra had a baby boy, who is four years old. Surprisingly, she got her shit together fast. She worked every day and night, trying to get the money she needed for her child. After she had her baby, she left Khalan's house within 3 months. She's doing fine and comes around often. She makes sure her son is around family.

Taija has been good. CJ is a teenager, now fourteen years old. He's taking school seriously and is nothing like his father, which Taija was worried was going to happen. She was terrified at the thought of her son on the streets, but Khalan is there to help correct and lead CJ in the right direction. Cole is five and is a bit more of a challenge, but he's a good kid.

Kamari is twelve years old and too much to handle. She's still a sweet girl, but Khalan found out she had a crush and wanted to blow her whole school up. He was just doing too much. Kamari is also obsessed with being around Mila, seeing that she's the only other girl in the family right now. Kameron is ten now and still as quiet as ever. He's still attached to Khalan—he would live with his brother if he could. Hell, he basically does. Every weekend, without fail, he's over her with the small family. Believe it or not, Kameron calmed down a bit about Khalan when Mila came along. She's the only one who gets a pass.

Marbell and Carter have been doing great. In fact, Marbell is now in a relationship with her baby daddy. Who would've thought?

Arian and his now wife, Zaria, have four kids together. They wasted no time after each one, and apparently they have no intention of stopping until they get to number six. Zaria also came out of her shell a little more. It might sound good, but now Zaria, Marbell, and Taija are evil triplets.

And James—he's a crack head on the corner. There's nothing more to say.

"Man, what do y'all want to eat?" Khalan huffed, putting Mila down, fixing her dress a bit.

Akia stood behind his daughter with a wide smile. "I just want some subway." He interlocked his fingers with Khalan's, knowing his husband was going to get annoyed over that choice. "Baby, you can't make a sandwich at home?" Khalan asked, but he was still picking up his keys and grabbing Mila's shoes. Akia took the shoes from Khalan and put them on their daughter.

"It doesn't taste the same, Lanny." Akia protested. Did he wait until Khalan got home to go? Yes. Why? Because he knew Khalan would be upset if Akia went alone. Akia isn't a celebrity, but his face is getting popular with all of his modeling deals. "You would've been mad if I didn't ask you to go with me."

"You damn sure, right." Khalan shrugged.

"We love youuuu." Mila sang, holding Khalan's hand.

Mila, personality-wise, is a combination of Khalan and Akia. She's definitely sweet and sensitive. But she's not letting anything slide. She's got a big personality already, and she's only three.

"Lala, do you want to watch a movie when we get home?" Akia buckled her into her car seat. "Tell Daddy that we should watch a movie since he fell asleep during it last time."

"Daddy, can we watch a movie tonight? You promised last time." Mila spoke on her and Akia's behalf. Their teaming up to get what they wanted was a devious move. You should see when they go shopping and want everything they lay eyes on.

"I can hear you, Akia." Khalan straight-faced him. Khalan will still do anything for Akia, but now Mila is a bigger weak spot in the man's heart. "Y'all always plotting against me. I don't like that." Khalan playfully mugged the duo.

"You say no when I ask." Akia said. He was going to get his way, one way or another.

"We can watch any movie you want, Lala." Khalan said defeated, knowing it was just going to be a movie they'd already watched multiple times. "Right after I smoke." He mumbled to himself, but his husband heard it.

Akia took a quick peek to see Mila on her iPad before he looked over at his husband with a dissatisfied look. "I thought you said you were going to quit." They've talked about it a few times, and Khalan's was the one who decided he was done smoking weed. He was already cutting back on the vapes. But this was all he knew, which was his comfort.

"I know, papas. I swear I'm working on it." He said truthfully.

A kia hummed and left the conversation at that.

"I love you." Khalan poked Akia's cheek multiple times as he pulled out of the driveway of their home. "I'm so lucky to have a pretty ass husband." Khalan spoke lowly, only for Akia to hear.

After all these years, Akia still blushes like a high school boy. "I love you too."

THE END.

It's over, y'all. This was really just to show how the characters went about their lives.

Fun fact: I wanted this book to end sadly with everyone's hearts broken. But I decided to go easy on y'all for this one 🖤🫶🏾

Anyways, thanks for reading!!!