Chapter 39

I want to run after him and explained myself, but my knees feels so weak. I regret messing with him. Sinundan ko na lang siya ng tingin, he went outside sa may pool area. I heavy sigh. I'll make sure I'll explain to him tomorrow, for now, I'll just check our daughter first.

Umakyat ako sa second floor kung nasan ang kwarto, ng anak  namin. Medyo nanibago pa ako dahil hindi naman ito ang bahay namin. This is Verzine's house. Dito kami umuwi imbes sa dati naming bahay, kung saan namin kasamang tumuloy si Marissa. He's afraid that memories of her hunts me. Actually, nung una ay ayaw ko pang pumayag dahil hindi naman kami mag asawa, para tumuloy sa iisang bubong, hindi pa din kasi namin napagusapan ang tungkol sa amin, but eventually, he convinced me to stay for the sake of our daughter, and he told me that we can leave after I fully recover.

Pagpasok ko, our daughter Luna is sleeping soundly. I'm glad she's safe, Marissa didn't hurt her.  I kiss her forehead and hug her gently, as I whisper.

"I promised... As long as I'm here, I'll protect you from any danger, even if it cause my life anak."

Hindi ko talaga mapapatawad ang sarili ko kung may nangyaring masama sa anak ko, dahil sa labis na pagtitiwala ko. Mabuti na lang talaga, Sunshine is very stubborn. She tracked my location and followed me. Sumunod din sila Rhyme para rescuehin kami with the help of skilled agents. Verzine on the other hand, didn't stay still and save our daughter, that's what Sunshine said yesterday. Kwinento niya sa akin ang lahat ng nangyari, nung gabing yun.

Hindi ko namalayang nakatulog na pala ko, sa tabi ng anak ko. I checked the time, it's already 2 am in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep, pero hindi ako makatulog. Ewan ko ba, nawala bigla ang antok ko.

Bumangon ako mula sa pagkakahiga at tumanaw sa bintana. The moon is shining so bright, I smiled.

Kaagad ding nawala ang ngiti sa mga labi ko, nang matanaw ko siya sa may ibaba, si Verzine. Nakayuko ito sa may gilid ng pool.

It's already 2 am and he's still awake..? Wait... Don't tell me he didn't sleep yet?

I got worried and went downstairs. Dahan dahan akong naglakad papalapit sa kanya, when I noticed that his body is shaking.

Is he crying..?

My heart breaks at that sight of him, he look so down. I look at him with worried eyes.

"Verzine..."

Marahang tawag ko sa kanya. Dahan dahan niyang iniangat ang mukha, para salubungin ang tingin ko. He looked away to brush of his tears, and fix himself.  It breaks my heart that he's acting tough in front of me, even though he's cut red handed. He tried to give me a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Hey... Your still awak-"

I didn't let him finish. I cut him off by hugging him tightly, while I caress his hair gently. He hug me back with same intensity.

"I'm sorry... I was just messing with you. Gideon is my half brother."

I explained. Sa tingin ko ito ang gumugulo sa kanya, but I guess, I was wrong.

"I know. He called me earlier after we talked."

"Then... What's wrong Verzine..? What's bothering you..?"

I softly asked, as I withdraw from the hug, to cupped his face. I look straight into his eyes but he didn't dare to look at me. His eyes remained to the ground.

"I... I'm not..."

His voice broke so as my heart. He took a deep breath, before he continue.

"I'm not good enough for you."

Umiling ako.

"Hey... That's not true..."

"It is Rye. I wasn't there when you need me the most, I even hurted you, disrespect your mother, and accused you of cheating that day your mother died..."

He's crying so hard so am I. It hurts to see him like this, so broken and mess. I can't find the right words to say to comfort him, so I just listened.

My heart is bleeding, as I reminisce our dark painful past. Pinakiramdaman ko ang sarili ko. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero wala akong maramdamang galit. Instead of anger, I'm just in pain.

"You...You faced all the problems alone, I wasn't there when you had miscarriage..."

Nanlaki ang mata ko, at naestatwa sa kinakatayuan ko.

How did he know that..? I didn't tell him about it yet.

"And I wasn't there when you gave birth to our child. I... I am so sorry for being an a*shole Rye, I'm sorry for everything... But I know, my apologies won't change anything... You may not say it, but I know that I left a big scars in your heart."

My heart clench, as I remember everything I've been through, for the past years. All of my struggles and wounds from the past never left me, the pain is still here and never fade away. He's right, he did left a big scars, in the depths of my heart, but my love for him is bigger than anything... It's bigger than my anger, but that's how it should be. Love is selfless... Love is forgiveness.

I never regret loving him and choosing him over and over again, despite everything that happened. I will always choose to forgive him, my heart will always choose to love and forgive its owner.

"We can't turn back the time Verzine. We can't change our past, but we can learn from it."

I said as I cupped and caress his face.

"I'll be honest, at first... I want to get revenge, I want to hurt you to get even, I was so  mad, but then, I realized... I was never mad, I was just badly hurt..."

I look up to the sky and sigh, while letting my heavy tears fall to the ground.

"Everything is meant to happen Verzine. You weren't there for me because I had to faced it all alone, It made me strong... It taught me how to stand up on my own. What happened yesterday mold the better version of me today. Everything happened for a reason, because life is a learning process Verzine."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and the storm inside me.

"You weren't there for me but your here now beside me... And that is all that matters to me."

I whispered in his ears before smiling at me him genuinely.

"What did I do to deserve you..."

He whispered in the air as he wrap his arms around my waist gently. He burried his face on my chest, as he cry like a little child. I hug him back like a fragile glass, I'm glad that he's showing me his vulnerable side.

"Verzine, you don't need to do anything  to be deserving of my love, because I'm willing to give you my everything, that moment I gave you my heart."