PART 15

Happy Reading!

"Whatever you do is my business. Don't forget you are Mrs. Abhishek Mehra" he said grabbing her arms, she hissed in pain.

"Mr. Mehra you are hurting me" she said in pain.

"Then maybe your friend could heal you pain" he said in a mockery tone. His words filled with venom.

Arohi gave him a disgusted look "How could your thinking stoop so low" she said pushed him away.

"Says the woman who hugged some other man in front of her husband" he said in a chuckle.

Arohi looked at him in disbelief. "Says the man who don't even consider me as his wife."

"So is he more important than me, your husband? Would you choose him over me"

"Yes I would at least he is better than you. Should I hug someone, kiss or sleep with someone, you are no one to say anything" she shouted and Abhishek slapped her across the face.

"Don't you dare forget the fact Arohi that I. Am. Your. Husband. Mrs. Arohi Abhishek Mehra" he said in anger.

Arohi kept her hand on the cheek where he slapped her. Tears dropped from her eyes. In the heat of the moment she said something she couldn't even think of. She is not the type of person who would cheat.

"I am sorry" she said as a whisper. Tears continuously flowed from her eyes, her head hung low and her cheeks were red.

Seeing her like this Abhishek's heart ached. He instantly regretted slapping her, but the thought of her with someone else made him mad. He rubbed his palm on his face.

"I shouldn't have slapped you" he thought "But she needs to understand that I am her husband and she can't do or think about such things. I lost it when she said that she would choose someone else over me"

"I am sorry" she said again moving backward and ran to her room.

She closed the door behind her. She laid on her bed and cried hard until her tears threatened to come out and she fell asleep. She didn't even wake for dinner.

Abhishek was still fuming in anger. He took out a bottle of whiskey and started drinking. He drank till the bottle was empty and whiskey overpowered his senses.

------------------------------------------------------------

Arohi's POV:

The next week was in blur for me. I have an event to participate in and a lot of work to complete. Above that whatever happened with Mr. Mehra last week, I was grateful for the work because it gave me a escape from seeing him and keeping the scene away from my thoughts. But I hadn't forgotten the taunts, the slap..

I know I shouldn't have said those words, but out of anger I spilled anything that came in my mind. No matter what the differences are between us, I respect this marriage and I won't do anything to ruin it.

Tomorrow is the event, everything is ready. My designs are looking good. The showstopper is looking stunning. It turned out way better than my imagination, all thanks to Sameer for the fabric. Now I just hope that everyone would like it.

Setting up everything and rehearsing the speech took a lot more time than I thought would take. It's 8.30 and I am on the way back to home. I am hell bent tired and all I want is lay down on my bed and sleep.

I punched the codes for the elevator when the same smell of sandalwood perfume filled my nostrils. I don't even need to turn around to know it's him.

The whole scene of the past week played in front of my eyes all over again. I'm not yet ready to face him.

The life came and we hopped in. I stood on the farthest corner. Neither he attempted to make a conversation, nor did I.

We stepped into the penthouse and he made his way towards the living room as usual, whereas I went straight to the kitchen.

Mrs. Annie was still working. I checked my watch, it's already past her working time.

"Mrs. Annie why are you still here, your shift ended 2 hours ago" I said to her.

She gave her warm smile and replied "Yes dear but neither you nor sir came home so I was worried for you two and I decided to wait till you come home. Now go get freshen up today I'll set up the table, you look all drained out" saying she pushed me out of the kitchen.

I smiled. She's just like mom and maa (Bhavna). All caring and loving.

I was on my way to my room but then turned to Mr. Mehra "Mrs. Annie is setting the table, freshen up". I didn't wait for his reply and went upstairs.

I took a much needed warm shower. This whole event thing fucked with my energy.

I changed into my night wears, my hairs still wet from the shower. I wore my bangles and put vermillion on my hairline.

The whole day because of college I'm unable to wear the bangles nor apply vermillion. But whenever I am home I wear them. I always wear my nuptial chain but hide it inside the top.

I was going downstairs looking into my phone but then I dashed into a wall. I'm sure this wall wasn't there earlier. I looked up and my eyes met those beautiful hazel orbs.

"Sorry" I mentally slapped myself. What was the need to look into phone? What heust be thinking about me.

He just shook his head and went downstairs. I followed him and say on my chair.

I was still on my phone, chatting with Sameer and Ritika. They are reminding me with the things I need to carry tomorrow and to take proper rest, no anxiety etcetera etcetera.

They're my friends but sometimes they behave like I'm their adopted child who don't know a single shit.

"Arohi put down you phone and eat dear" Mrs. Annie scolded me while serving me.

"Yes ma'am" I joked. But seriously, what's with everyone treating me like a child? For god's sake I'm in college and I'm freaking married.

I looked in the direction of Mr. Mehra once and then started my attack on the food. It's delicious as always. Mrs. Annie cooks very delicious food. She should be in MasterChef, I'm sure she'll only win if she participates.

"I'm leaving now, anything you need?" She asked us.

"No thank you Mrs. Annie and sorry for the trouble" I gave her the best smile I could out of tiredness.

She bid us goodbye and left. Leaving me with Mr. Devil.

Neither of us spared a look and had food in complete silence.

After finishing I took the dishes inside, which he helped me with which I'm grateful for.

I checked everything once again and then turned the lights off and departed for my room.

When I laid on my bed it felt like I'm in heaven. It feels wonderful. I applied my night cream, for which I've been reminded for like thousand times by Rishita. She says that I need to look beautiful tomorrow.

I'm very nervous and excited as well about the event.

Questions like - What they'll ask me? Will they like my designs? Will they like my speech? What if they don't like my showstopper? What if they find some mistakes in my work? Etcetera.

My mind is clouded with thousands of thoughts, some positive and many negative.

Keeping the thoughts aside, I put on an alarm and called it a night.

Tomorrow's day is going to change my life.

To be continued...

_________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you liked the new update.

Lately things are not going as per my plan so I'm not able to post on the day I mention. But I'm trying to make it up to you all.

Do share your views and love for the sweetest couple.

See you sooner with a new update.