17. Mirages.

JUNGKOOK.  

The hairs on my arm stand as the shrill cold voice of Jimin reaches my listeners. My breath is sharp as I take a rapid glimpse of Y/n before swiveling around to focus my attention at the two people who stood in front of me.

My legs suddenly feel stone as I watch them march nearer to us. A nefarious smirk stretched across both of their faces. I feared it for over a minute. I had no clue whatsoever about whatever they were going to do. More importantly, I had not talked with Taehyung regarding this strange vibe Jimin had been radiating ever since breakup. 

It felt supernatural to me then but now as i saw a tinge of bronze shine in his dark brown iris, I was convinced that this man isn't just a normal human I'd see around always. He's something bigger than that. 

Talking about Stella, I had no clue for whatever that was up this woman's serial killer mind. She appeared enigmatic to me and even if I did possess a supernatural power to read people's mind, I was lacking to match up to same right now. 

I was horrifically unable to conclude any of the thoughts both were having, and this petrified me for Y/n more than it did for myself. 

As right as they both were before Y/n and I, my phone went off. I thanked the caller for the fraction of seconds inside my brain, furthermore, getting the device out of accept the call. My eyes flash upon the ID that read 'Taehyung' causing me to internally thank my best friend. 

I accepted the call, putting it right next to my ear. My eyes never leaving the two figures before me while I shifted slightly just in case to shield Y/n from anything that could be done. 

"Yes, Taehyung?" my monotonous voice makes it through the mic and then I hear his muffled breaths. It was as if he had a mile few seconds ago and called me right after. 

My brows furrowed at this. I considered asking him his whereabouts and health, nevertheless, what he said next threw my hopes down a bus and my heart in a compressor to churn in anguish. 

"Y/n and Jungwoo...they- they're in danger. Something bad is going to happen." He spoke. My hands turned ice. 

It's either I've heard something completely wrong, or I am merely unprepared regarding whatever that's going to happen. 

I hang up the call. 

"Call Jungwoo, Y/n." My words come out in shambles, but Jimin awfully chuckles at this. The tension in my chest further rises. This man has definitely done something.

"Jimin..." I call out to him threateningly, but only feedback I receive is a horrendous laugh.

Fuck it- Where's Jungwoo?!

"Sweetheart, why call someone who's already here?"  The way my eyes in pure disgust look at him is something I myself never knew i could do. 

"What do you mean...?"

"Look behind."

I refuse to turn back; however, I know Y/n's already facing behind in search of her kid. I want to tell Jimin to quit playing his game. Stop messing around with them and stick to his revenge with me. He has no right to include innocent lives in this. There's no valid reason to play such games!

"Jimin, you got to stop all-"

"Mummy!"  

The scream...accompanied by a thud, rings through my ears and everything is pin drop silence to me. I can hear Y/n wail and weep totally horrified by this. Her eyes are crying out. Jimin's features have broken into a disgusting grin. Stella is clicking her tongue in amusement at Y/n's sobbing. 

And I've simply stopped functioning...

Someone might've said it right when they explained that losing your own kid is rather traumatic than having a childhood trauma. 

I wish to cry. I wish to weep. I wish to lose my control and become vulnerable seeing my own kid taken away from me. However, I am so helpless to let alone my body obey to that. The agony of probably being stabbed by hundreds of thousands of swords is surging right through me, but I find no screams to compensate it with.

I open my mouth several times, expecting at least something to come out but I am betrayed by my voice. I feel null. Void, to be exact. I'm yearning for my guts to come back so that I can kill Jimin with my bare hands but alas, I'm all failure. 

"Next... I see we've got your lover, sweetboy." Stella walks past me to a crying Y/n, and that's when my hand reaches out to stop her. 

"Fuck---"

It's black. My eyes shut, I fall to the ground and my head jolts through the sharp pain of what felt like high degree currents. I try to get up, but I'm unable to. There's a sudden levitation of the pain and I groan and cry out in pure anguish. What the fuck-

What am I going through?!

"Doctor?! Doctor! Oh God, Doctor!" is all I hear till my vision is completely blank and I'm not in senses to process anything...

Comment and vote or else I'll put hair loss chemical in your shampoo.