Tension Rising

Brutus and Enobaria join Cato and so on the soft Capitol chairs. "In the arena, you have to be there for each other," Enobaria informs. "You need to be the last two. And then it's downhill from then. You'll have to fight it out." I stare at Cato, his face filled with determination but confusion. Both mentors leave the table to have a sleep, which leaves Cato and I awkwardly alone. "I'll never leave you Clove. I don't know what to do if we're the last ones," Cato desperately says. "You'll probably win anyways. You're way more skilled and strong! I'm like a mouse compared to you!" I say with a reason. Cato stares at his feet, unable to register his thoughts. "Don't fall for that Glimmer girl, whatever you do. I can see she likes you, she's trying to pull you in," I say strictly. Cato shrugs his shoulders slightly. "Tomorrow's the interview day," I wonder what Amber prepared for me," he ponders. "My strategy is to stay vicious and prepared. That's what Brutus told me. "Enobaria said sweet, sadistic and prepared," I explain. "We got this Clove."

"Remember Paradow? That's the place only we shared." I murmur. "Yeah, but I'm trying to win this thing. No more messing around here. It's about bringing pride to district two." "I told you Cato. One of us won't make it! Maybe even both of us won't..." I doubt. "I'm pretty sure one of us will. I mean the sponsors go crazy over us every year. We're the arrogant, confident tributes who strive to give pride and honor." "I don't want our secrets to be forgotten. The only things we only knew about." Cato stares cluelessly as I think he ignored everything I have just said. I stand up, striding to my bedroom. "Night," I say under my breath. Cato gives me a slight wave, looking out the window, his blue eyes gleaming with meaning.

I hear the turning of my door knob clank as I pretend I'm fast asleep. Cato walks into my room and slaps me lightly. "Wake up," he says in a moody tone. I slightly open my eyes, revealing the shape of Cato's body. "I'll be there in a sec," I say, desperate for rest. I lazily get out of bed like I do every morning and Kevin bursts into my door. "Big day today!" He shouts continuously clapping his hands like a seal. I join the others for a morning meal, blueberry pie topped with lovely icing sugar. I bite ravenously on this scrumptious snack. "What have you got for me today Kevin? Makeup? Dress?" I say with an eager face. "It's a surprise." After a few moments, Kevin drags me into the makeup room, where I will get prepped up for the interview. I wait impatiently to observe my hopefully beautiful dress, definitely good enough to impress the crazy sponsors. "I'm nearly ready!" Kevin says in his usual posh Capitol voice. He bursts excitedly through the door and pulls out the most stunning dress I've ever seen.