The Truth Or Not?

I'm practically tossing and turning around on the ground, making it almost impossible to doze off for a good night's rest. Various breeds of birds chirp above us rowdily and morning dew drop down my pale skin. I turn over to Cato, he also turns to me at this same time. Our eyes meet rather awkwardly, since its now the middle of the night, our other two allies deeply sleeping. "So, you were sad when that Glimmer girl died? You seemed to like her alot," I try to mouth. Cato understands my strange movement of my lips and says back, "She was only a little bit pretty. I actually didn't really like her sleeping on my arm, it was so irritating." "Hmm... Ok then," I respond. "No biggie," he adds. He moves his hand and places it in mine, his pure blue eyes gleaming with trust. I guide my hand slowly away from Cato's hand, not understanding why he has done this. I really thought he like that other career girl more than me.

The sun rises over the horizon as I've barely had any sleep, with the weird conversation I had last night with Cato. "Can you surround our pyramid of supplies with explosive mines?" I ask the district three boy. He nods, probably frightened we might hurt him or betray him during the process. The shy boy walks over across the grass and gets to work, us other three curiously admiring his work. Everything must be precise. I see his hands doing all sorts of movements, using electrical wires and other complicated items. After a few long hours, he has accomplished his so called "mission". "Let's hunt down some pe-" I take my words to a halt as a boy clenching his spear in hand and limping on one crippled foot, not Peeta, run towards us with his face flushing with determination. I grit my teeth and grab one of my favorite knives and attempt to stab him near his foot. It does stab, but not a powerful stab, which causes this unknown tribute to keep fighting. He attacks Marvel by slashing the spear over his head, but he dodges it perfectly. Cato repeatedly skewers him in the neck, which results in the innocent boy falling to the ground, blood spewing out of him. "Nice work," I compliment. Boom! A cannon is released as the sweat covers my warm body.

We relax but also keep aware of any ambushes or cannons. The district three boy offers three beef strips each and we all accept. "Keep an eye out for Katniss. Or Peeta. But Katniss especially." I say. Even though our supply of food is high, I find a bird waddling on the ground and stab it. All its feathers fly around and fall to the ground. I pick up one of the snowy white feathers and observe it for a few seconds. It has beautiful strokes of a light lavender ornamented on it and the feather itself is as smooth as ever. "Marvel, go with this kid and go get some water," Cato demands strictly. "Ok, be back in a minute." Marvel says. "C'mon." Once again, Cato and I are left in an awkward position, just us two. I take a short breath and just admire the landscape. "Why did you move your hand?" Cato suddenly says. "What do you mean?" "Last night..." "Cause I knew you were in love with that blonde boastful girl." "I told you, I wasn't. I was just playing the game. For the crowd, for the sponsors." "Yeah right."