One Career Down

The fire is up, and it seems like we all have allocated sleeping places, and once again, Glimmer is literally right next to Cato. Night approaches, the moon dancing above us. Katniss seems to be quite alert of all of us, knife in hand and widened eyes. I glare in loathe as Cato randomly sets fire to his sword, Glimmer giggling at him. Rolling my shining eyes, I fortunately find a juicy lizard, finding its own own prey around the large forest. In a second, I grab my knife and aim carefully, as usual, I hit two of the weapons right in the body, the creature scrambling on all fours hoping for a helpless escape. A smile forms on my lips and I begin to roast the meal. It seems like there's no deaths today, or in a while, but not for long. Katniss will be the next one dead. Fatigue takes over about all of us, our eyelids closing every inch and still clenching on our threatening weapons. I take my jacket off as it's a very warm night, small heat waves are spotted. Before I know it, I assume its about midnight, and I fall asleep wondering what will awaken me.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" I hear the sound of Glimmer's shrieking erupting into my ears. I feel multiple powerful stings on my body as I scramble, kick and scream continuously, only seeing an empty nest beside me and Glimmer pushing on Cato's arm. This could be it. The shivers and goosebumps run through my spine. "The lake! Quick!" I scream, my neck in much pain, the blood rushing to my body. Marvel, Cato, Peeta and I sprint as fast as we can to the lake, as the irritating insects known as tracker jackers are right on our heels and we keep making strange hand gestures to hopefully swipe them away. I glare at Katniss with hatred and a damaged Glimmer on the ground, still dreading and sprinting for my life. The dizziness soon sets in as a hallucination forces me to move uncontrollably and immediately fall into the shallow water in safety. In the far distance, all I see is the vicious and beautiful district one girl turned into a pile of disgusting bumps lying helplessly on the ground longing for life. I close my eyes, and all I see are sparks, causing me to nearly hurl. I sink into the water, tiny creatures surrounding me, making me more perplexed. Boom! All four of us give each other the silent treatment, not making any contact whatsoever to each other as this important sign means one of us are gone. Glimmer is dead.

I gasp very deeply as I try to calm down from the major confusion I've just had. Marvel, Cato and Peeta are doing similar, relaxing in the water trying to catch their breath. I snap my fingers irritatingly as I realize that Katniss has probably retrieved Glimmer's bow and arrow, and she is most skilled with one. I hear an obvious rustle through the bright foliage, and see a pair of shoes slip out. I begin to clench my knives, curious of what's to come. The heat takes over me as a medium sized boy, from district three I think, peeps out of the bush. "You good with explosives?" Cato asks inquisitively. The boy nods accurately. "Come, we may need your help," I say viciously. Now, all five of us walk over to the shining Cornucopia, its humongous horn standing out like a blinding sun. "We'll camp here for the next few days. Don't let anyone get in our way," Cato strictly informs. We begin to stack our bags and cases of supplies in the middle of our starting pedestals. "Remember, we're trying to find the girl on fire. She's the main threat." Peeta stares into Cato's eyes, worried about killing his own district partner. I pull Cato towards me and give him a small talk about Lover Boy.