Threats and Alliances

Twelve cannons are set off. All four of us rush over to the lake, as three of us have drink bottles. Along the way, we spot Lover Boy also known as Peeta. "Come over here, we wont hurt you." Peeta seems hesitant, backing away slowly. "Here, take a spear," I say, eventually luring him in. "Why do you want me to form an alliance with you?" he asks inquisitively. "To find the girl on fire," Cato says strictly. "This is a precious oppurtunity, we could just kill you now..." "Fine," Peeta says, stomping his foot on the ground. We swiftly fill up the water as the moon begins to rise and take over the dull sky. Marvel has a wholesome pack of crackers, containing 10, and we all ravenously munch on one each. Cato notices an eruption of smoke as he points directly towards us. "Let's get them," he says, prepared for this maybe dangerous obstacle or tribute. We all nod heads and follow Cato into the warm night, passing squirrels and rabbits of all kinds and plants that are both edible and poisonous. We are all armed with much perilous weaponry; me with the knives; Marvel with a spear; Cato with his sword and one knife; Glimmer with her bow and sheath of arrows; Lover Boy with a spear. We approach the fire as we observe a red haired girl from district eight I think, helplessly making a fire by herself, leaving her no where to run. The sound against Cato's blade gives her a fright as he starts to stab her. She lets out a loud squeal probably alerting the other tributes to watch out for us, especially Katniss. Before I know it, a cannon releases signaling her death.

All five of us chuckle except for Peeta, him slightly smiling not caring about our kill. "Did you see her face? It was hilarious!" I smirk. We all continuously start laughing our heads off, repeatedly imaging the feared girl's face. "Hey lover boy, are you sure she went this way?" Cato questions. "Yeah, I'm sure," Peeta answers about Katniss. I move on with Marvel as Cato and Glimmer keep gossiping about some other unimportant things. "We should make a fire here," Marvel informs us, pointing around the area, trees surrounding us filled with birds. Cato searches through his backpack, finding matches. After a few hours, our camp has been built; our heavily filled backpacks next to the owner, a blazing fire in the middle and allocated areas to sleep in. "I'm gonna find some animals to hunt," I say, knowing what I'm doing.

I already luckily spot two rabbits, longing to hold onto their life. I stab both of them right in the eye as Glimmer attracts my attention whispering to me, "Impressive," I glare at her pure hazel eyes strangely and reply back, "Thank you?" Without hesitation, she starts up a conversation between the two of us. "So... I see you have a special token under your ponytail," she curiously says dangling my pin with her fingers. "Yeah... What about your special token?" "Uhh... the peacekeepers confiscated it from me. It was a ring, but like with spikes on it and stuff... no big deal." I'm widely astounded by her explanation. "Oh wow," I say with a big breath. "So, you and Cato are close huh?" "Only as like friends... we met before the reaping." "Oh ok," the fierce district one girl mutters under her breath. She immediately disperses from me, back to camp.

The powerful moon beams onto my face as we all struggle to fall asleep. I get up uncomfortably, realizing Glimmer is extremely close to Cato as I roll my eyes carelessly. Let's just say I have a love hate relationship with her and I have to admit sometimes her ideas are pretty pathetic. I clench tightly on my large array of knives, just incase someone ambushes our well built camp at night. Unexpectedly, the Capitol's anthem starts to cascade annoyingly into my ears as everyone is startled, seeing twelve hopeless faces illuminating in the sky. District 3, 4, 5, etc. till I see 12. Damn! The girl on fire is still alive! We all groan as we are irritated. Peeta's face lights up a little though and we all become suspicious of if we should kill him now, because it seems like he still cares about his threatening district partner. I start to tingle my bobby pin and make sure it's secure as I wonder what obstacles will be in our way tomorrow.