Guilty

We're still under this shady and thick tree, as usual the leaves give us quote a pleasure sheltering. "We should do something Clove. This is getting boring. C'mon," Cato recalls. "Where do you want to go then? There's no where to go." "I dunno, hunt that stupid edible plant or pouch of bread?" "Fine." I clench my knife, as we reach our base camp. For the next few hours, it's nothing but walking a few miles, mysteriously not bumping into anything dangerous. "There's no point Cato." "I guess you're right since we've been hiking for like four hours. It seems like it's getting darker, maybe about 6." "I'm tired. I wanna go and rest again. I'm so thirst too. I'll get some water." I say clumsily. "No. I'll get it. You're tired and weak at the moment. Stay here." "Thanks." Cato smiles at me back, making me comfortable. Now who's left anyway, it's only the duo from twelve, redhead and thresh and obviously us two. I flicker my eyelids causing me to nearly fall asleep a few times. In a blink of an eye, Cato's back with a bottle of water since the other two got blown up. "Thank you," I repeat nicely. I immediately drink from the stainless steel bottle, the taste of liquid quenching my thirst perfectly. "Could I have some too?" Cato questions. "Sure... I guess." Now Cato is literally drinking from the same bottle as me, not that it matters, better than dying anyway. Dizziness fills my head as the irritating fatigue lures me convincingly back to sleep, me using Cato's chest as a pillow.

It's very early, the first sight of dawn cracking into the long and probably tiring day, risks to come that could cause tragedies. Cato's still asleep, breathing heavily, his chest rising every few seconds. I must hunt for more food since we finished the delicious meal last night the generous sponsors have us. I creep out into the dense depths of the woods and find all sorts of creatures flutter about. I grab my spear ready as I got equipped with it after Cato snapped the neck of the district three boy. I find a squirrel squirming against the ground and aim my spear at it. Though I'm not that handy with the perilous weapon, I still stab the creature, it's body wobbling in all directions. Without notice, birds with gleaming red eyes swarm towards me like a nest of tracker jackers. Luckily, it's only two of them, and I stab one of them in the ruby colored eye with one of my weapons. But the other unique animal is just as dangerous ado realize the gamemakers have dropped a death trap on me. Gashes begin to appear from the claws of them, blood eventually flowing out. "Cato!" I scream not as loud as I could though, still concentrated. Cato luckily hears my calling, as I see him slash his sword at the bird from behind. I'm puffing like I've just raced a twenty kilometer marathon. "Why did you go without telling me?" Cato asks with a hint of anger but also softness. "I didn't want to disturb you in your sleep!" I say. "I don't care, just warn me next time. Your hurt." He fiercely says, gently blowing on the slit of pain on the side of my neck.

Cato still seems to be frustrated with me, guilt filling into my body. I just risked both of our lives, which shouldn't be our aim especially in the final six. The pain in my head uncontrollably messes up my thoughts, as a small gash on my lip sends the cruel and metallic taste of gory blood into my mouth. I carefully settle down on a hardened rock, as Cato pulls out the helpful medicine out of my backpack. He sighs obviously and starts to dip his index finger inside the medicine. "Raise your chin," he demands quietly. I do so in silence, as he cautiously heals the wound. It begins to sting slightly but it's worth the pain. He releases his hand as I surround my hand around the scar. "Here," my partner says as he moves my hand and starts to blow again comfortably. "Thank you,Cato," I whisper