Into The Arena

The usual shiver runs down my spine as I walk into the uniquely built aircraft, peacekeepers watching me cautiously from all angles. All the tributes are sat down in seats, so they can receive a tracker injection so the gamemakers are able to know where we are. My prepared face still on at all times, I glance at Cato, him doing the same. A sting is felt in my arm as the injection is happening. I pretend I don't care though, my hair shaped in balls, swiftly moving from side to side. The strict peacekeepers are now strangling us towards our private rooms, in where we will maybe say our last words to our one and only stylists.

I walk in nervously but with my head held high, Kevin staring at me, obvious goosebumps running up his body. His blue streak in his blonde golden hair stands out more than anything my eyes capturing it. I take a deep sigh. "Hello," I say trying to start a conversation awkwardly. "Here, take this jacket. When it's cold, it will make you warmer and vice versa. I nod keeping cautious of these essential instructions. He takes my arms and slips them into the comfortable sleeves, as I'm very amazed of this advanced technology. "You'll make it far. Trust me," he says convincingly, placing his cold hand on my cheek. "You're more skilled than most others. I think the one that's gonna be hard to beat is your district partner over there. Good luck with that." Kevin says rather truthfully as it is a hard decision. "I got this." I think to myself. At least I think I do. Once again, an effective shiver comes down my body. "Don't let me down, Clove. I have something for you." My stylist holds out a jeweled bobby pin, the exact one my father gave me before he died. I consider it a sign of good luck, the one I wept about the night after the reaping. Without hesitation, I grab the valuable item out of Kevin's hand and hug him. "Thank you."

"30 seconds," the sound of an electronic voice cascades into my ears. I freeze in terror, my brown eyes widening. Kevin nods at me. I don't know what that means as thoughts start circling my head. I stride towards the glass tube, which will lead us to the arena. I turn back over my shoulder every few seconds to see my stylist standing before me, counting o me to win this thing. I wonder continuously what Cato would be thinking, probably for the careers to rule the bloodbath. "10 seconds," I step inside the tube, adrenaline rapidly rushing through my confused body. I just hope for the best and all I can ask for now is a nice bunch of throwing knives and a few kills in the beginning. Unexpectedly, the door closes, leaving Kevin and I trembling. I wave at him speechless, and he gives me a wave back. The rays of sunlight gleam on my face as I'm rising. Cato is on my far left, looking vicious as ever. This is it.