The Important Interview

A eye capturing, elegant, coral colored, strapless dress, decorated with bows stands before my shining eyes. "It's beautiful," I say, mesmerized. I grasp the dress without hesitation and show it against my body. "Oh, it looks lovely on you," Kevin nicely compliments. "The crowd will love it." "Thank you so much!" I scream, still admiring the piece of clothing. I try it on carefully and step outside of the fitting room. Kevin gasps in excitement and claps like a seal once again. "Time for makeup!" He says. After a few hours, I'm all ready. Glimmering eyeshadow along my eye crease, subtle peachy lipstick and slight magenta blush. Cato comes inside the room and he looks nice too. He's wearing a silver suit and a black long sleeves shirt, his blonde hair nicely pulled out of his face. He stares at my dress continuously. "You look very nice," he says. "Thank you, you too," I say back.

All the tributes are lined up in district order, girls going first. Before I know it, Glimmer is called up on the stage. "Please give us a warm welcome, for Glimmer," Caesar's voice rings in my ears. "Are you prepared?" "Yes, I'm very prepared," Glimmer confidently boasts sitting in her beautiful short pink dress, decorated with golden lining. Marvel stands in front of me, wearing a blue and yellow suit. I glance behind me to see the other weaker tributes, until I see the "girl on fire", Katniss Everdeen. I give her a bad look of bloodthirstiness as I'll be sure to kill her in the arena. All I hear now is the shouts of Marvel's voice cascading into my ears. Next thing I know, it's my chance to shine. My fingers lightly tremble as my heart is slightly pumping. "You can do it Clove. Show them your all," Cato encouragingly whispers to me. "Please welcome, Clove!"

I lift up my elegant gown as twists atop my head. Caesar Flickerman holds out his hand as he indicated me to shake it. "Welcome welcome Clove." "Thank you," I sweetly say as a deafening roar erupts from the crazy crowd. "So, you're very skilled with weaponry." "Yes I am." "What's your favorite?" "I'd have to say my throwing knives. When I was young I was forced to try all weapons, but I've definitely enjoyed working with these sharp weapons." "I've heard from people you never miss?" "Hmm... You could say that?" The crowd goes wild. "Apparently you knew Cato before the games!" Caesar explains. "Yes I did! We first met at my new school and we've been really close since then," I state truthfully. "Well, good luck Clove and may the odds be ever in your favor." "Thank you so much," I say, staring nicely at the crowd. The buzzer rings as my interview has reached the three minute mark. I amble in my heels as Cato is called on.