Final Six

I flicker my eyes, allowing the bright sunlight onto my face. My head is lying on Cato's jacket, and I take mine off as it's a blazing day. There's only about nine people left. Lover Boy, Katniss, that redhead girl, the pathetic small girl names Rue or something, Thresh, and is four. I keep my head up for anyone or anything that moves. Afternoon is approaching as I munch on some wholesome salted crackers and take a small sip of water. "Look! Over there!" Marvel screams, pointing on the far side of the arena. I observe much smoke erupting possible from a tribute and his or her fire. "Get them," I say. "You stay guard," Cato instructs to the district three boy. Marvel, Cato and I begin to sprint towards the fire, making sure no predators lurk mysteriously between us. We've reached there both swiftly and effortlessly, but we've stunningly found no one at all. I snap my fingers in annoyance. "No one's here! It's a trap or something," I suggest truthfully. "We should return the favor and set up a trap to them! I could make a net trap," Marvel boastfully says. "Good thinking," Cato mumbles. Without hesitation, Marvel pulls a net and some other devices out of his large backpack. "Can we leave you here alone?" Cato asks inquisitively, making sure. "Yeah, I'll be fine," Marvel says. "Just stay alive."

Cato and I come to see a destroyed landscape, our supplies gone, ruined to pieces. We both flush with rage as our items are all gone; the food, weapons etc. "What did you do?!" I scream at the district three boy's scared face. I clench on my knife as I'm bloodthirsty for our so called ally. "Everything's gone!" Cato shouts angrily as the boy's face is clueless and frightened. Cato immediately grabs his feeble neck and twists it threateningly, causing him to fall to the ground, and a cannon once again to be released. "What do we do now?!" I say, irritated by this accident. "Hunt for more I guess, there's nothing else we can do." "He deserved to be killed. At the end his own work killed him." I add. So all I literally see in front of me is just piles of dirt covering broken containers and cases, valuable crumbs of food and bags shattered to tiny particles of fabric. After a few minutes of rummaging through the ruined essentials, I'm stunned by another death. I freeze in confusion. Who could it be?

"Another one down," I whisper. "I wonder who it was?" Cato wonders. I stay silent as I ponder that it might be Marvel, after all he's not as skilled as Cato and I, he might not make it that long alone. Boom! Boom! Another two cannons?! Are you serious? "Wow. This is tense. The final six." Cato nervously but viciously says. "Well, we made it?" I say, as I pat my partner's shoulder. The night approaches and the Capitol Anthem cascades into my slightly blocked ears. I'm prepared to see whose life is cut short, and after all, Marvel hasn't come back to our base. The first face I see IS Marvel. "Wow..." I say shortly under my breath as Cato can't take his eyes off the sparkling sky. "I can't believe that." The obvious and perplexed face of the pale district three boy ignites the sky. There's still one more person dead. All I see is a helpless little girls' face in the sky. It's Rue. That pathetic little girl that hopped in the trees. "Yes!" Cato triumphantly says. "She's gone. That weakling."