Chapter 7 What it means to be a mom. ( Mikoto's Decision )

I don't own Cote, Naruto or Bsd. All right belongs to respectful owner. Also Bsd won't have much influence except for influencing Kiyo into becoming (very little) good.

"This way, you cannot defeat me," Itachi said confidently, but he sensed another presence approaching. He dodges the Shadow which was about to bind him.

"A Nara clan member, it seems," he thought as he attempted to knock Shikamaru out of the equation. "What?" Said Shikamaru. But before he could reach Shikamaru, Sasuke intervened.

Engaged in a fierce taijutsu battle, Itachi threw a swift jab at Sasuke, who effortlessly evaded it, seizing Itachi's hand and attempting a counter kick.

However, Itachi's reflexes were equally quick as he launched a faster kick, sending Sasuke flying five meters away. But it turned out to be a shadow clone, dissipating into smoke.

Swiftly recovering, Sasuke appeared from behind, unleashing a kick reminiscent of the Leaf Hurricane. Yet, Itachi was prepared, expertly blocking the attack. In the blink of an eye, both brothers began weaving hand signs.

"Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu," they both chanted simultaneously, colliding their jutsu with devastating force, causing parts of two houses to crumble in the aftermath.

Without wasting a moment, Sasuke produced a kunai in each hand and charged forward. Itachi reacted promptly, employing a defensive jutsu to create a "Water Style: Water Wall," shielding himself from Sasuke's assault.

Unbeknownst to Itachi, the kunai tactic was a clever diversion, executed by a clone, while the real Sasuke capitalized on the distraction to execute "Water Style: Aqua Blast." However, Itachi was more than ready, neutralizing the attack without breaking a sweat.

Sasuke's challenge resounded as he remarked, "Let's be serious, Itachi. We both haven't used even half of our power."

Once again, the Mangekyo Sharingan blazed to life in both brothers' eyes as they rushed at each other with incomprehensible speed.

Sasuke infused his kunai with lightning chakra, aiming for Itachi, who countered with fire-chakra-coated chokuto, blocking the attack with precision.

Itachi lunged with a punch aimed at Sasuke's gut, but Sasuke's agile footwork allowed him to deftly dodge the blow and retaliate with a punch of his own, narrowly grazing Itachi.

"What?" Itachi exclaimed, taken aback by the unexpected speed and power of Sasuke's punch.

A brief smirk crossed Sasuke's face, revealing that he had more to offer than anticipated. He disappeared momentarily, only to reappear high in the air, weaving hand signs.

"Fire Style: Ember Attack," Sasuke declared, launching multiple fireballs towards Itachi. Thinking quickly, Itachi used the jutsu he had recently copied, "Water Style: Aqua Blast," extinguishing the flames.

Undeterred, Sasuke resumed his assault with kunai in hand, pushing Itachi to the brink. The clash was so intense that both Itachi's chokuto and Sasuke's kunai broke from the force of their strikes.

"Know that in terms of taijutsu, I am stronger," Itachi warned, bracing himself, yet sensing that Sasuke might have more tricks up his sleeve. His intuition proved correct.

Sasuke taunted, revealing that he had activated two of the Eight Gates - the "1st Gate: Gate of Opening" and the "2nd Gate: Gate of Healing." The surge in power was palpable as Sasuke unleashed a flurry of attacks. "Did you said something?" Said Sasuke.

Itachi struggled to block Sasuke's rapid jabs and kicks, the force pushing him back. Then, with determination in his eyes, Sasuke formed a Rasengan, signaling an overwhelming attack. Itachi realized that he had no choice but to summon his Susanoo to defend against the impending strike.