Chapter 10 Hatake Kakashi

I don't own Cote, Naruto or Bsd. All right belongs to respectful owner. Also Bsd won't have much influence except for influencing Kiyo into becoming (very little) good. Btw I have started the habit of writing power level of one character shown in story, at the end of the chapter, do check it out.

"He's late," complained a young soon-to-be Shinobi, frowning as their new Jonin Sensei failed to arrive. The frown soon turned mischievous as they added, "Alright, let's do that."

As Naruto prepared a small greeting for their Jonin sensei, Sasuke found himself reflecting on past events. 'Now, Danzo must be really frustrated. He lost an elite unit of his, and Orochimaru likely played a role in this. If he contributed more, he might need compensation from Danzo, perhaps a reward involving killing the Third Hokage. That compensation is the key point here, and it's the only thing I don't know for sure. But I do have some guesses.

Anyway, I plan to proceed as originally intended until the Chunin Exams, with one exception: I'll make others as strong as possible. I can only flex my skills a few more times, and I believe this idiot has the potential to become even more powerful than his canon self.

And I'm already seeing good results. So keep it up and perform well, my friend, Naruto,' Sasuke smirked as he reminisced about the events from yesterday, remembering how much of a pain it was to explain everything to the others in an effort to clear up misunderstandings.

(Flashback - This Morning)

"It's going to be such a drag," Sasuke muttered as he made his way to the academy. Rumors had already spread about his supposed relationship with Hinata and their mysterious breakup. Naturally, he had to deal with...

"SASUKE!!!" "HEY! SASUKE, WHAT HAPPENED?" Chaos erupted in the academy as students learned that Sasuke, their prince or knight in shining armor, had been dating the eldest daughter of the Hyuga clan but was suddenly not dating her anymore.

Such reassuring news.

But the chaos didn't last long when Sasuke said, "I know what you have in your minds, so just stop it. For those of you wondering why I did this? It's because I want you to see who is the strongest taijutsu specialist among the females in our class."

"But why did you b—..." Before one random girl could finish her sentence, all she received was a stern, "Don't pry into my life," along with Sasuke's red Sharingan eyes flashing, and Ayanokouji's glare. It was more than enough to silence them.

Soon, Iruka arrived and instructed the class to be quiet, then began announcing the names of the teams for the newly graduated batch. When it came time for Team 7...

It was the same as in the original.

After class, the group gathered before meeting their Jonin sensei and wanted to hear the story. Sasuke complied but only shared a little.

First, he covered all the basic information they needed to know and then explained his simple plan.

"First of all, I was certain that this Seiji guy was responsible for all the chaos yesterday, but I knew the mastermind behind the scenes wouldn't be so naive. To trick me, he placed multiple similar suspects in our academy. So I had to take a gamble," Sasuke explained, anticipating some questions.

"If that's the case, how were you 100% sure that he would try to manipulate me?" Naruto, the victim, inquired.

"Because of my trap," Sasuke replied, earning puzzled looks from some but understanding nods from Shikamaru, Shino, and Sakura.

"I see. Very clever, Sasuke. By collaborating with Hinata to fake a relationship with you, you exposed the number one suspect. As rumors spread about you and her dating, it further proved he was indeed the culprit. But what I don't understand is why you went through all this trouble," Shino shared his thoughts, receiving a nod of understanding from everyone. Then it was Shikamaru's turn to shine.