Chapter 12 Someone new in the game.

(( So sorry guys for late update. As an apology I will try to finish next chapter as swiftly as possible, let's see within by then. ))

The morning unfolded with a vibrant sunrise casting its hues across the Hidden Leaf, where Team 7, comprised of Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, and Sakura Haruno, converged at their meeting point, ready to head to their training ground. Naruto, ever vocal, broke the silence.

"Think Kakashi-sensei's going to be late again today?" His frustration with their tardy sensei evident in his tone.

"Let him be, Naruto. When has he ever arrived on time?" Sakura sighed, sharing Naruto's exasperation with Kakashi's perpetual lateness.

"You're right, Sakura. Sigh! Today, I'm definitely going to push him for a better mission after our training, not some babysitting or grunt work," Naruto declared passionately, eyeing Sasuke and the villagers.

'Strange. Why are the villagers eyeing Sasuke with a mix of fear and curiosity? Has he done something? No, Sasuke's one of the most decent people I know,' Naruto pondered, recognizing the familiar gazes but dismissing any negative implications.

Arriving at the training ground, they found Kakashi absent and opted to settle near the central log. Time trickled by with the birds' melodies as a backdrop until their perpetually late sensei finally appeared.

From a nearby tree branch came a sudden "poof" sound, drawing the attention of the trio. Predictably, their sensei emerged, weaving a tale of assisting an old lady en route, met with immediate incredulity from Naruto and Sakura, tired of Kakashi's excuses.

"Cut me some slack, ma ma! Anyway, let's start today's training. Today, you'll face each other, not me," Kakashi revealed, his trademark eye-smile signaling an unusual twist to their activities.

"Facing each other? But that's not fair, Sensei. Sasuke could take down many powerful ninjas. What chance do Sakura and I have against him?" Naruto's confusion evident, unable to fathom the purpose.

"Yeah, Sasuke is practically the village's strongest after you and the Hokage. How could we possibly challenge him?" Sakura added, intertwining praise for Sasuke into her argument, drawing on her extensive knowledge within the Rookie 9.

Sasuke directed a question to Kakashi regarding the day's training. He speculated about a possible scenario where he'd face off against Naruto and Sakura using only Kunais and Shurikens. His confidence in his abilities was evident as he saw no way for his teammates to defeat him.

"Kakashi-sensei, am I to face Naruto and Sakura using only Kunais and Shurikens?" Sasuke inquired, wanting clarification about the day's exercise, knowing well the probable outcome.

"Maa, sometimes I wonder if you're psychic, Sasuke. You've got it. And Sakura and Naruto, get into position. You all know what to do once I say 'begin,' right?" Kakashi replied, injecting a light-hearted comment before initiating the day's training. However, beneath the facade, he pondered his encounter with Sasuke, a chilling memory that lingered.

- Flashback -

At dusk in the Uchiha district, outside the main house, Kakashi stood, hands in his pockets, anticipating someone's arrival. Soon, Sasuke approached, acknowledging Kakashi's presence.

"Yo! What favor do you need, Sasuke? It's not about team training, is it?" Kakashi greeted Sasuke, recognizing his intention.

"As I suspected, you are exceptional. You understood my hint, Kakashi-sensei," Sasuke acknowledged, revealing his awareness of Kakashi's identity.

"So?" Kakashi inquired.

"I'm planning to eliminate a member of Konoha's upper management, and anyone else who intervenes. I need your assistance," Sasuke stated bluntly, his face serious.