Chapter 13 "Strong"

"Hmph! Can these guys really protect me?" pondered Tazuna, questioning the capability of the Shinobis hired by the Hokage. Despite his doubts, he had no other options and decided to introduce himself.

"Well, listen well. The man you see is a famous bridge builder from the Waves. I expect you to protect me with your lives. Also, I am Tazuna," declared Tazuna before departing from the Hokage Office, notified about the journey to the waves the next day.

As the newly formed Team 7 prepared to depart, Hiruzen had different plans for Sasuke. "Hey, can you wait a bit, Sasuke?" he called.

Sasuke glanced back, and Hiruzen, after a brief pause, smiled. "I heard that you possess the intellect to do some rather amusing tricks, which puts someone like mine's five-element mastery to shame," Hiruzen stated, hinting at the topic he wished to discuss.

"Yeah, I do indeed possess the abilities to do so. I think Kakashi-sensei has already given you an idea of it," replied Sasuke in his emotionless tone. "So you want me to hand over the techniques I possess to the village, right?" he added after a few moments.

"Well, I would be really happy if you did so," expressed Hiruzen, hopeful for the village to have advantageous abilities in various matters.

"No!" Sasuke stated bluntly.

"May I ask why?" Hiruzen inquired, turning serious, concerned about Sasuke's loyalty to the village.

"I think there was a law regarding the matter that the clan head is allowed to possess a technique bound to their clan members only, for the maintenance of integrity and the advantage of a clan's diversity," Sasuke explained, referring to the law regarding clan's special hidden techniques.

'It seems I have indeed been cornered. Damn you, Shimura Danzou,' pondered Sasuke silently, realizing that Danzou might have orchestrated this situation.

As the door creaked, elders, clan elders, and clan heads entered. Danzo spoke first among them. "Hey, young lad. Although such a law might have existed, don't you think you should show some courtesy to the village you grew upon, the food you ate of the same land?" He sneered at Sasuke, searching for any weaknesses.

'Fine. I shall play in your own battleground. I am more than happy to entertain you,' thought Sasuke, already formulating a concise yet simple trick to corner Danzo.

"If I had to assume, you must be Shimura Danzou. But what are you trying to say?" Sasuke spoke in a normal tone, injecting a subtle note of inquiry into the conversation, making it evident that he was aware and cautious.

"I am saying tha-..." Danzou attempted to interject, but Sasuke politely cut him off. "But I haven't broken any rules, Lord Danzou. Also, why do I think the Uchiha clan is the one getting 'special' treatment?" Sasuke's innocent tone delivered a simple psychological trick, undermining Danzou's argument.

A Clan elder, supportive of Danzou, got confused and questioned Sasuke, hoping to exert pressure. "Hey, young boy! What the heck did you mean by special treatment?" The elder asked, underestimating Sasuke as just a kid.

"It seems to be that. As a matter of fact, 'only' the Uchihas can produce Jutsus of this caliber, showing so much superiority that, let's not talk about elite clans like Senju, Hyuga, Sarutobi, Shimura, etc. etc. and all. Did you guys get my point?" Sasuke's words left the room silent for a few seconds.

"Hahaha! You certainly play with your words, Sasuke. No! Here Uchiha Clan Head, I guess," Hiruzen Sarutobi said in support of Sasuke, tarnishing the honor of those who questioned the Uchiha clan.

'Wow! You are actually a nice geezer. I'm not going to let you die during Chunin Exams no matter what, Lord Third,' Sasuke thought, witnessing the unfolding situation and feeling a subtle shift in his perspective.