20.

This chapter makes me happy

Sunday 12:32 a.m.

The movie night that started with just watching the High School Musicals slowly progressed into 'put on whatever Disney movie we can find' night until Peter and James fell asleep on the sofa. Remus even finds himself leaning against Sirius' shoulder, barely able to keep his eyes open as the ending credits to Bambi roll.

"Everyone's asleep," Sirius whispers in Remus' ear.

"Don't be a fuckboy."

Sirius rolls his eyes, stands up, and pulls Remus to his feet. "Let's go outside and talk."

The Potters are very wealthy people, so much so they have what's very close to a mansion. Of course the interior is brilliant with expensive looking paintings and floors so clean you could eat off them (probably thanks to the maid). However, Remus' favorite part of the place was decided as soon as they stepped outside into the garden. The entire yard is flourishing in vegetation of all sorts: ferns, flowers, shrubs, and trees. Weaving through the yard is a stone pathway that leads to the center of the yard where a large pool is located. In the center of the pool are tiny orbs float on the surface that fade from color to color. The stars wink down at they boys as they stroll to the pool. When their feet are in the water, Sirius starts talking.

"So, today when we were in they car, you said you didn't want to talk about why you deny my love in front of your mom. Now we're here alone."

Remus sighs lightly kicks a blue orb, and let's a small silence fill the air for a while. "It's embarrassing, really..."

Sirius frowns. "I don't care."

"You just..." Remus avoids eye contact. "You're so much cooler than me."

Sirius raises his eyebrows. "Cooler? I just sang fabulous with Peter."

"I mean... You're just hotter and funnier and better than me and I'm just this gross depressed kid and you've been with all these like super hot people and I'm just really awkward around people I like-well people in general, and I've only had one real boyfriend and that didn't work but... I'm just a loser who plays Animal Crossing any chance he can and..."

Sirius breaks the oncoming silence with a laugh. "You're a dork. I don't think you're gross. I think you're hot and who cares if you're depressed? Everyone has their little things. And another thing: you're awkwardness is fucking adorable, and actually, you're not even that awkward around other people. Just me when I start to smooth talk you." Sirius laughs again as soon as he says the last part, and Remus can't help but smile.

"I meant it when I said I love you."

Remus turns to look at Sirius and say he meant it too, but lips are on his before he can speak. A hand goes behind Remus' neck to pull him closer, and another is on his thigh. Remus gets flustered each time Sirius kisses him, so much so he never knows what to do with his hands, and he won't be getting over that anytime soon. Even when they made out earlier in spite of James, he couldn't keep his face from turning a nasty, embarrassed red. When Sirius pulls away, their noses stay brushing.

"I love you, so stop pretending I don't."

"I love you too," Remus mutters breathlessly.

Sirius glances at Remus' neck and laughs.

"What?"

"Have fun explaining those to your mom."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Want more?"

"No thanks." Remus lightly shoves Sirius, but it was a little too hard, and he falls backwards into the pool with a loud splash.

"Remus jumps up in surprise. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-"

But it was too late. Sirius had already pulled him in by his legs. When Remus resurfaces, he splashes Sirius in the face. "You're a jerk!"

Sirius grins cheekily through the curtain of hair covering his face. Remus laughs and kisses him softly. "You're a jerk."

"Well, no use keeping these on!" Sirius states in a matter of fact voice as he pulls off his shirt and pants.

"Wow, those are really short and tight," Remus blurts out without realizing it. 'Thank God for boxer briefs.'

Sirius wiggles his eyebrows at Remus. "Like what you see?"

Remus pulls his own shirt off and throws it at Sirius in response. He tosses the shirt aside and pouts. "Not the trousers?"

"I'm a classy guy."

"Oh yes, I remember, you eat brunch and everything."

They two grin at each other for what seems like an eternity. Sirius reaches out for Remus and pulls him close by his arms, making Remus hug him. "Hey."

Remus grins and pecks Sirius on the lips. "Hey."

"Be my boyfriend?"

"Fucking duh."

For about the hundredth time that night, Sirius locks lips with Remus, his hands sliding dangerously low to Remus' arsw, but Remus hardly notice before he's more focused on the kiss and what's pressed against his thigh. And, despite what Remus had said, Sirius couldn't help himself but to leave a few more territorial marks on his new boyfriend.

"I'm going to kill you," Remus managed to say before having to bite back a moan.

"If anyone kills me, it'll be my mom when she sees you in the morning." Sirius pulls away. "Speaking of, we should probably get back inside before they think we snuck off to have sex in the garden."

Remus groans as he pulls himself out the pool. "Wet boxers."

"Didn't you bring extra for tomorrow?"

"I forgot."

"Guess you'll have to sleep commando," Sirius replies following behind.

Remus makes the mistake of looking over his shoulder as he picks up his shirt. Sirius is stretching in his very stuck to his skin briefs. He turns away flustered, thinking of sad puppies and naked grandmothers. That always kills a boner.

Sirius struts past, shaking his hair like a dog as he does so. "I'm going to take a quick shower. The dryer is in the room to your left when you walk in. You can throw all your clothes in there to dry."

Remus nods, mostly to himself, as he tries to contain himself. First he grabs his bag from the living room (it was a struggle because Peter was cuddling with it), and then he makes his way back to the washroom, shutting the door behind him to change. A few moments later he's laying on his and Sirius makeshift bed on the floor that consists of about ten blankets. Not long after, Sirius is lying behind him, bare chest pressing against Remus' clothed back. Sirius kisses his boyfriend's neck and drapes an arm across his waist.

"Goodnight, Wolfboy."

"Goodnight, Gaystar."