Chapter 6: Unrequited Feelings

As Minji and the stranger spent more time, she can't help to feel bad about what she said to Hanni. Sure, maybe she was overstepping her boundaries, and maybe they have only met for 1 week, but Hanni was like a little sister to her.

"Actually, I have to go," Minji told the girl as she embarrassingly rubbed the back of her head, "but can you give me your number? We can meet up someday."

"Sure! Do you have a pen?" She asked the lifeguard as he took out a wet pen that was in his back pocket.

The stranger bit off the cap as she wrote the number down on Minji's palm, making Minji chuckle because the sensation was ticklish.

"Thanks, I'll call you," Minji promised as she rushed off to find Hanni.

She looked everywhere, the lazy river, the slides where Hanni wanted to play, even outside at the counter when she was only wearing her small-sized swimsuit, making the guy from the counter whistle at her as she rolled her eyes and ran away.

As she was about to give up, she went to the locker room to take her phone. When she entered, she saw Hanni curled up in a ball crying alone as she felt guilty: Did I do this? Did I hurt her this badly?

She approached Hanni silently, before tapping on her shoulder, "Hey Hanni..."

Hanni wiped away her tears after seeing Minji but turned away to the other side.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things to you," Minji confessed as she patted Hanni's back.

"No, you're right, I'm just some girl you met a week ago, I'm a nobody in your life that keeps spending your money. It's fine Minji, I'll pack up and leave, go have fun with the girl," Hanni told her as she sniffed hardly before standing up and grabbing her bag.

"Hanni... It's not like that," She said, genuinely worried and sorry.

"It's exactly like that, have you thought about my feelings when you said that?" Hanni replied coldly, not even looking at Minji, which was hard to do, she was having a strong temptation to check out Minji's wet body which was standing in front of her in a bikini, but she told herself that she shouldn't, not at this time.

"Hanni, I promise, it wasn't like that, I ditched her for you, can we go out to play, the two of us?" Minji asked hopefully as she extended her hand, waiting for Hanni to take it.

But instead, Hanni shook her head.

Minji went up to kiss Hanni's forehead,  comforting her while stroking her face like a baby with the hand of the girl's number written on it. This made Hanni jump out of her skin, "Minji, what are we?"

Minji looked confused at the smaller's girl question as she raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean what are we?"

"Friends don't kiss each other," Hanni said as she looked at Minji in the eye, dead serious. Was she hoping for something more? "Why are you playing with my feelings?"

"I don't know what you're saying," Minji said.

"You kiss me, you buy breakfast for me, you even pay for everything when you're with me." Hanni explained.

Minji shook her head politely, "I don't like you like that Hanni, you're just my best-friend."

"Oh..." was the only words that could come out from Hanni's mouth before her eyes started to water again.

Minji, sensing the awkwardness, shuffled left and right nervously. "So are we going to play... or?"

"I'm leaving," Hanni replied as she started walking out.

"At least let me call you a taxi so you can go home safely," Minji requested.

"See you in school," Hanni said.

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!