Chapter 14: Guilty Pleasure

Not long after that, Haerin got into the car as they drove off to a beautiful beach-side.

Minji took out a candle and a piece of cloth from the back of the car as she laid it on the sand.

"So... I thought this wasn't a date?" Haerin laughed, looking at how her crush was lighting a candle in the middle of the beach for them to watch the sunset. "This setting is really romantic."

"This isn't," Minji said, still paying attention to setting up the spot, not looking at Haerin, but her heart fluttered every time the cat-eyed girl said something, "More like a get-to-know-you-better, and to thank you for making my breakfast everyday."

Haerin smiled sweetly as she sat down on the cloth, "Well, that's my job. So even if I like it or not, I still have to make you breakfast, and your annoying girlfriend. What do you like about her anyways?"

Minji wanted to tell her about all the amazing things about Hanni, how her eyes sparkle every bite she takes, how her hair falls perfectly on her shoulder, how her smile sometimes turn into a cute baby smirk without her knowing, but Minji also had feelings for Haerin, she didn't want to take a chance on that. "Let's just keep tonight between us, okay? No Hanni."

"Okay," The cute barista replied as she stared towards the setting sun, admiring the orange shade it produced on the darkening sky.

Minji looked at Haerin, she could not believe how the shadow of the sun was complimenting her skin so much.

"Do I have something on my face?"  Haerin questioned as she started fumbling with her hands on her face.

"No, you look beautiful," Minji complimented her.

"Well you do too," Haerin chuckled.

After a while, the pair witnessed the sky turn black in silence.

Just then, they saw a man run nervously towards a girl as he led her towards a bundle on candled all decorated and placed accordingly to form a heart-shape dome.

He got onto his knees as his friends started to take pictures and scream when the girl nodded.

The man lifted the girl happily and kissed her passionately.

"Awww, the girl said yes," Haerin glanced at them, pointing towards their direction.

"Yea, it's sweet," Minji nodded.

Suddenly, Haerin mustered up her courage, "Do you think, we could ever be a thing? Do you think I have a chance with you?"

Minji was taken aback by the bold question, she shrugged, "I don't know Haerin, the timing was just so awkward... If you had come before Hanni, I would've definitely gotten with you. But I like Hanni, I really do," She comforted the girl.

Haerin nodded silently, disappointed, yes, but was she surprised by the response, not really.

After a while, both of them decided it was time to go home as they started packing up.

As they stood up, the moonlight was shining at their faces as their eyes met each other for a second. They stared at each other's dark orbits as Haerin took the initiative to step forward and molded her lips with Minji. Minji didn't know how to react for a second, but she kissed back.

She felt the cat-eyed girl's lips turn into a smirk, before she wrap her hand around Minji's waist, pulling her to deepen their kiss even more.

After a minute of kissing at least, Minji pulled away. She suddenly apologised, "Sorry!" before quickly taking her things and running away, wiping off the kiss from her lips. She knew she shouldn't have felt anything towards Haerin, let alone kiss her, but her heart couldn't help it. She didn't know how she should feel right now.

And there she was. Standing in front of her with teary eyes, Hanni, at the edge of the beach. Feeling cheated and betrayed, she ran off.

"Hanni..." Minji said apologetically.

Please vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it as it will help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!