Chapter 15: Goodbye Minji

"Hanni..." Minji muttered as she tried to run after Hanni.

"Stop following me!" Hanni wiped away the tears from her face with her forearms.

"It's not what you saw..." Minji tried pleading with her.

"Then explain!" Hanni crossed her arms, now facing Minji with her red and puffy face from all the crying.

"I... Haerin... She... Hanni..." Minji couldn't possible think of an excuse on the spot right now to lie to Hanni.

"Just what I thought," Hanni said, disappointed. "I've been following you."

"You've been stalking me?"

"No, following. I was going to get a cup of coffee, but I saw your car, so I waited and saw Haerin go in. Then I ordered a taxi to follow the both of you, then I saw everything."

"Hanni... I'm sorry."

"I thought you changed..." Hanni said, with tears forming around her eyes again, clout of blood started appearing in her white eyeballs, "Ever since that day at the waterpark, I really thought you changed."

"I did..."

"No you didn't, you're still a player. We haven't even been together for a month and you're seeing other girls behind my back, how could I trust you anymore?"

"But Hanni, I really do love you."

"If you loved me you wouldn't have kissed Haerin."

"But Haerin kissed me."

"But you kissed her back."

Minji flinched at Hanni's words, thinking of how she did reciprocate the kiss with the cat-eyed girl on the beach earlier.

"Hanni, please."

"Minji, maybe this is for the better."

"What?"

"If you have loved me more, you wouldn't have fallen for her after we got together. I was never the girl you wanted to be with, I was just the girl filling your empty void until some other girl came around was I?"

"No! Hanni, I would never."

"Maybe you should just be with Haerin."

"But I want to be with you."

"No you don't. You made that clear when you kissed her."

"I want to be with both of you."

"That's not how it works."

"I know..."

"Maybe this is for the better," She repeated.

"Why do you keep on saying this?"

"I didn't know how to tell you but... I'm going to Australia to study next semester."

"What? How long have you known this?"

"A week after we got together."

"Were you going to tell me?"

"I couldn't find the right time."

Minji stared at Hanni, who was staring back as two little water droplets dangle on her doe-like eyes, not falling down just yet.

"Will I ever see you again?"

"I don't know."

Hanni clenched her arms awkwardly as she looked around.

"Hanni, you know I'll always love you, no matter where you are."

"Don't give me that."

"Don't give you what?"

"Don't tell me you love me."

Minji heard how hurt Hanni was as she regretted her kiss with Haerin.

"I'm sorry, I really am, if there's anything I can do."

"There's nothing you can do about it."

"What is it to keep you to stay in Korea?"

Hanni looked at the moon.

"Maybe I just needed a break from this place. Maybe this was fate."

"Hanni!" Minji started crying as well as tears streamed down her beautiful and elegant face. "Don't leave!"

"Minji, you've been the best and worst part of my life even though I've only met you for such a short amount of time. Nobody or no amount of time is going to help me move on from you. But I need some time to myself."

"Promise me you'll visit me when you made up your mind."

Hanni smiled bittersweetly at Minji as she stroked her hair one last time. She hesitated if she wanted to kiss those shivering lips of Minji, but held herself back not to.

"Goodbye Minji," She said as she walked away.

10 years later

Right person, wrong time. Minji wrote in her diary. 

Ever since Hanni left, my life never felt the same anymore. Haerin was great, but she was no Hanni. She broke up with me a year after we got together for another girl. They met at the cafe called Danielle. But I was happy for her, she never made me feel as happy as Hanni did, or as special as Hanni made me felt. Maybe part of me never wanted to be with Haerin, she was just a thrill to me. But Haerin and I decided to stay friends, and now she's really close with this Danielle girl, they're even getting married soon. And well me? Still dreaming of the girl I let slip through my fingers. People say: If you really love a person, let them go. But once I let her go, she never came back.

I'm 28 now. Maybe this was payback. Maybe this was karma. Maybe I was destined to be single forever.

Hanni Pham, my lover, wherever you may be now, just know that I really am sorry about what I did. If I could meet you and redo everything again, I would.

I just want to see you again.

Author's Note: Next chapter will be the last chapter of the story! Ngl writing this chapter made me tear up a bit. I changed Danielle to Hyein in the previous chapter and added a bit of clues to this chapter, so feel free to re-read them if you feel like it! But thanks for reading until the end for the chapter!

If you enjoyed this story please vote as it will help me push the story out to more people :D Thakn you!