Chapter-8

The freshmen history students are told together in the reference room later tonight for a department event, and Jimin glances up to find that Namjoon is standing in front of him.

Jimin thinks he's receiving a confession, but instead, Namjoon accuses him of assuming that he likes him. Jimin shrugs out that well, yeah, he did ask him out. Namjoon tells him that he chose him randomly, so he shouldn't hug him again.

Now Jimin is crushed to think that he never liked him, not even in the real 1999. And though Namjoon put on a hard front, he clutches his chest as he walks away to steady himself.

_________________________________

It's time for Taehyung's date in room 201, which turns out to be where the cheerleading club meets. Jhope is a member, and it seems he convinced him to sign up while he was drunk. (Ah, so this was the promise he had to keep)

Taehyung struggles to keep up with the basic exercises, but he's mesmerized when Jhope and the other advanced squad members perform. He can't bring himself to watch when a male squad member grabs Jhope's waist for a lift, so he's surprised when Jhope then charges right over to the new recruit lineup. Startled, he topples the entire group.

___________________________________

In the ballet room, IU struggles in the exercises, and her instructor accuses her of looking heavy . Back in the practice room, Jungkook has brought donuts for everyone, especially IU, but she won't accept them, citing an upset stomach.

A group of jealous fanboys quiver at the door, but Jungkook just invites them all to join the group. After they've devoured the donuts, Jungkook heads for the door, gloating over how well his plan worked out.

He's almost to the door when IU collapses, and Jungkook rushes back and scoops her up before heading to the nurse's office.

____________________________________________

In the evening, the history department has gathered for their event. It's a dare to enter the library, which is supposedly haunted by a former history freshman who hanged herself in the stacks. If someone makes it in and finds the red envelope, beer is on the seniors tonight. The freshmen seem nervous.

The freshman who have dared to enter the library return quickly and swear that there's really a ghost in there. The seniors are disappointed that no one's going to make it this year either, but then Jimin decides to give it a try.

Once inside, Jimin remembers all the scares from the real 1999, when the seniors managed to send him running for the door. He won't be fooled this time, and when one senior knocks books out of the bookshelf at him, he sneaks around him and plays the same trick on him.

The senior dressed as the ghost waits to scare her in a line of mannequin heads , but Jimin sneaks up on him as well, and he bolts outside.

At the same time, Namjoon waits in the stacks dressed as a vampire. He rips off his disguise, thinking that the game's over, but then he sees Jimin.

Jimin spots the red envelope on a high shelf and climbs a ladder to claim his victory. But on the way down, his heel catches, and he falls backwards. Namjoon swoops in like the white knight that he is, and he catches him in his arms and twirls them both safely to the ground.

Jimin is the first to pull away, but in his haste, he backs into the ladder, and it starts to fall on top of him. Namjoon throws himself over him to take the hit himself, earning his second save of the night.

Jimin tries to steady his racing heart. His attempt at an apology turns into an accusation, and he scolds Namjoon for not telling him he was hiding, to which he responds, "Then what's the point of hiding?"