Chapter -11

"Between truth and lies, there is sincerity"

In 2022, Hyun-suk is in his office at the hospital, making out with one of the nurses. His wife Ye-rim comes stomping in to the hospital and confirms that one nurse is missing from her post. She goes straight to her husband's office, but by the time she enters, Hyun-suk and the nurse are just standing there talking.

They greet Ye-rim normally and while the nurse happily leaves, Hyun-suk smiles and says that he's glad to see Ye-rim after a hard day. Ye-rim pushes her anger down and smiles at him, then she accepts his hug.

As she's driven back home, Ye-rim flips through several pictures of her husband with different women. She sobs in the back seat, remembering how she couldn't say a word even when she noticed the nurse's smudged lipstick and the lipstick stain on Hyun-suk's white coat.

when you try to hide something from someone and you feel confident that they'll never find out, the chances are that that person is deeply in love with you. "They didn't get fooled because they couldn't see the truth," "Perhaps they refused to see it because they love you."

*****************************************

In current1999, Jungkook heads over to the bathroom, and he can't seem to shake the image of Jimin singing from his head. He reaches the room just as Hyun-suk and his friends leave, and he stares after Hyun-suk, wondering why they have to keep running into each other. Feeling his stare, Hyun-suk turns to look at him briefly before rejoining his friends.

After using the bathroom, Jungkook notices a earring on the floor, in front of a stall door. He curiously picks it up and opens the stall door, and his eyes widen to see Jimin and Namjoon standing inside, looking very much like they've just been caught.

Jungkook asks what they're doing, and Namjoon throws the question back at him and asks who he thinks he is. "I'm his..." Jungkook starts, looking at Jimin. Not quite sure how to finish, he just says that he's his friend.

Jimin scoffs at that and explains that he was just trying to change clothes. Before Jungkook gets the wrong idea, he moves past him and exits the bathroom. Jungkook tries to leave too, but Namjoon calls him back.

Jungkook lets out a dry laugh, amused that a young guy like Namjoon is speaking banmal to him. Namjoon points out that Jungkook's the freshman, and Jungkook can't exactly argue. Annoyed with the two, Jimin tries to end the conversation by handing over the dress Namjoon had given him.

He says he should return his brother's dress, making Jungkook scoff about Namjoon having a brother, guessing that Namjoon really bought it for someone. Namjoon turns to Jimin with a smile and says that Jungkook is right—he bought it for him. He pets Jimin's hair affectionately, which seems to ruffle Jungkook's feathers a bit.

Namjoon turns to leave, but not before giving one last smirk in Jungkook's direction. Jungkook tells Jimin he must be feeling oh-so happy now that he can start a new life with someone tall and handsome like Namjoon. Jimin marches up to Jungkook, making him recoil nervously. But he just glares at him and walks away.

*******************************************

Meanwhile, Jhope, Seol, and Yoongi are still hanging out at the festival. Seol is beyond drunk, mumbling about how sorry she feels for Jimin and how much of a bastard Jungkook is, Jhope notices Yoongi's expensive-looking wallet and figures he must be rich, to which Yoongi beams with pride. However, the two wonder where Taehyung could be.

Taehyung is sitting in his darkened dorm room, crying his eyes out while listening to the radio. The radio show encourages listeners to call in about their own love stories, and Taehyung does just that. He calls in anonymously, using the name "Tinkerbell," and tells the two radio show hosts about being in a relationship with someone who finds him easy.