𝐓𝐖𝐎

EVERY PASSING DAY YOU were given more and more reasons to stay at home, do work related things from your apartment and stay out of people's business.

That was what you were used to after all.

Well, it surely has its downsides and opposites, however, you weren't complaining. People do have it worse, and you knew that.

"Mhh," A hum right next to you pushed you out of your thoughts. "That man surely knows what to pick."

"Mhm."

Taking the next flavor of the mochi snack right in front of her, Kagome began to take a bite from it and started to squeal. "And this one as well! I never would've thought that those flavors would be this good!"

Thoughts began clouding your mind once again.

Not only were you quite in a bad mood ever since this morning, no — you now had to think and worry about those creatures that just wouldn't leave you and your mind alone.

It wasn't something you noticed from the beginning as you had always tried to ignore everything around you and stay focused within your bubble. Just now you started to put every piece together and came to the conclusion that those creatures, those monsters, were starting to multiply in count.

Some of them are bigger than others.

Some of them are scarier than others.

Some of them are louder than others.

Some of them were just there living.

And some of them were making you feel worse every single time you had put eyes on them.

But still, you chose to ignore everything.

"Try it." You felt a nudge. "Maybe those can help you think about something nice. Not anything that's going on in your head."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, we both know what I'm talking about, (Y/n)."

It was almost like you were an open book to your friend. Kagome had always been able to read you and analyze everything that was going on with you and your head.

She of course noticed you being way more out of it than you usually were.

The black-haired woman had also came to a conclusion that it wasn't anything being a minor problem or inconvenience. It was much bigger than that.

A problem you were struggling with a long, long time already.

However, she knew she couldn't do anything against how you feel and your problem. If you had anything going on, not once would you try to ask for help. Rather, it was a problem of your own and only you.

"Those are good, right?" Amber eyes stared at her friend taking a small bite out of the flavored mochi snack.

You nodded.

Although she wasn't able to help you directly, she always had tried to assist you with strength from the shadows, indirectly.

She smiled.

"Really was a weird situation, but at least I got something out of it!"

"And that would be?"

"New favorite flavors?"

Exhaling a big sigh, you massaged your temples. "And what exactly was weird about your situation?"

Grunting with an eye roll, remembering the exact encounter that had happened just some time ago, Kagome proceeded to shake her head. "That weirdo was pestering me to listen to his recommendations. How do you have the nerve to annoy your customer like that?! Well, I guess it was fine with going with his recommendation."

Nodding, you turned your attention back to the colorful mochis on the tray in front of you.

"..."

"..."

"What are you looking at?" Kagome raised an eyebrow.

"Are these poisoned?"

"You— What the fuck?! You literally just ate one and just now you're asking something like that? You really think I would poison you?!"

"Maybe."

Feeling her eye twitch in annoyance, the black-haired girl grabbed a random flavor of mochi and shoved it down your mouth.

Yeah, you almost choked.

For real.

Hence you were currently choking on a chewy sweet snack, you forcefully grabbed your friend's wrist and pried her hand off of your face.

"Hey— Oh my god! What kind of iron grip do you have?!" Kagome sweat dropped as she held her wrist. "Maybe I should poison you."

Huffing, you brushed away any powder from the mochi that landed on your face and glared at the grimacing woman next to you. "Maybe I need to kill you."

"Pfft— I'd like to see. I'm taking the gym very seriously!" Kagome now beamed, both her hands on her hips. "You've got no chance."

"You and your ego..." You sighed. "Maybe I should just kill myself to be freed from people like you."

"Well, I guess that would be a you problem then."

Shaking her head with a small, yet hidden smile, the amber-eyed girl leaned back into her seat and looked at your side profile.

You weren't showing it, well, of course. After all, your face remained as emotionless as it was before. It was almost like as if you had just lost a person dear to you.

Well, call that your resting face.

However, despite you looking like a woman in grief, Kagome most definitely knew and saw that you were enjoying this certain moment.

It made you forget about the worries sparking all throughout your mind.

And she managed to achieve that.

That just shows how much the two of you cared for each other.

"Stop looking at me like that, it kind of disgusts me." You spoke up, breaking the comforting silence.

"I was fucking praising you in my mind!"

"Well then, stop. It makes you look like as if you would be madly in love with me."

"And what if I am?!"

"..."

"..."

"I'd probably once for real kill myself."

Well, of course no friendship is perfect just like those written in movies or books. Everyone shows their care and love for a person differently.

Feeling the annoyance creep up to her head, Kagome groaned and moaned in pure anger and madness. "God, you're noted on my blacklist. The first one on my kill list! The first!"

"I'm honored."