𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

AN EERIE SILENCE WAS the only thing around you. A silence so deafening it felt like as if people around you would hear your heartbeat as loud as drums.

Furrowing your eyebrows together, you slowly reached for your pocket to take out your phone.

But it wasn't there.

"No fucking way.." You mumbled, eyes wide open. "I left it inside.."

Cursing under your breath, you immediately became more alerted and concentrated of your surroundings as you now were on your own.

You didn't have any way of contacting someone.

So you had to be careful.

Slowly opening the door to your apartment, once again cursing under your breath as you realized that it was just the tiniest bit open, you then began to clench your jaw.

You tried to be as quiet as possible, something you actually were pretty good at. Being quiet and sneaky. Not in the way of treachery.

However, although you were as best quiet as someone could possibly be, you felt a presence behind you and turned around almost immediately.

You were shocked at how someone was able to hear you, yet alone be behind you without you noticing.

"Oh." You mumbled.

It was almost like as if a stone had fallen off of your heart. A stray dog. It was so unbelievable that you got scared because of a dog right behind you.

Well, you could say that the adrenaline rush was starting to get to your head.

Shaking your head, you turned around and once again began stepping in to your apartment. But just as you had fully entered, a light went off inside your mind and you felt like as if someone just threw water at you.

"That didn't even look like a dog.." You furrowed your eyebrows together. "What the fuck is up with me..? I can't even feel..—"

And suddenly, the door was thrown close.

"You've got to be kidding me." You stared wide-eyed at the door, immediately trying to open it. However, it was locked shut. "God, how stupid."

And suddenly, everything went quiet.

Within the time span of only a few moments, let it be only seconds, you dashed away from the door.

You were right.

Something or someone had completely destroyed the door with its sheer force and power. You got away in time. However, due to all of the lights being turned off, you weren't able to see anything. Only the moonlight made the room light up somewhat through the windows.

Though it wasn't enough.

Loud howling was heard as you began glaring at the direction where the sound was coming from.

"I can't believe this is happening right now."

And there you heard it.

A voice.

It was coming from your room, although you weren't able to hear what exactly it was. A human, one of the monsters, an animal? You didn't know.