𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

PALPITATING. YOUR HEART WAS nothing but purely palpitating at this point as you ran back to the place you had left Kagome at.

Your gut was telling you that something was wrong. It just felt so bad and negative.

Something was up. You were sure. Positive.

After all, your gut feeling had never betrayed you as it was something within you always being able to have it tell the truth in each and every situation.

So as you ran, your heart increasing in its amount of beats, you felt like vomiting.

You didn't even stop to take a breath.

Although you may not show it and had never done so, you care for Kagome. Deeply. She had stuck with you through your worst and best times.

The moment you got to know her, something that happened completely random, you felt like as if you could let her in.

And now that you didn't have as much time for her due to you being tangled up in the jujutsu world, you felt bad. But you had to go through it with no coming back. After all, you wouldn't dare try bringing any harm to Kagome.

You were protecting her from the shadows.

Just like how she was doing with you.

So as you ran and ran, your [h/c] hair flowing through the wind and eventually ending up tangled, you came in sight with a figure laying on the grass.

And that was when your palpitating heart stopped.

So something in fact did happen.

Gritting your teeth together in frustration, you made your way to woman on the ground and let out a hard exhale.

"Kagome..?"

You saw the middle of her eyebrows twitch.

And just a few moments later, you came in sight with amber eyes looking up at you. The look on Kagome's face was almost angry. She possibly even looked frustrated.

"Where were you?!" You heard her cry out as you let out a breath you didn't know you held in. "I waited so long! Come on, (F/n).. I died from the heat!"

Sighing, you fell back on your behind as you came in contact with the ground below you. "What are you doing on the ground, Kagome? I thought something happened to you."

"Huh? I laid down so I could take a nap, because you were talking awfully long. Why would something happen to me?"

"No, no. It's nothing, I just had a bad feeling that's all."

Straightening her back and sitting up, the black-haired woman raised her eyebrows at you and looked down at your hands.

It was almost like as if something was wrong with you.

Furrowing her eyebrows together, amber eyes began glaring at you. "You know what that bad feeling was about? My ice cream mochi you didn't buy."

"Ah, right."

"Aww, man! (Y/n), you had me waiting for hours and you came back with nothing?!"

"I was gone for like fifteen minutes."

"That's still too long for you to end up with nothing and coming back empty-handed!"

Letting out a sigh, you stood up and made your way to a bench after taking a seat on it.

Ever since that time Satoru had taught you and Yūji about domain expansions, you were out of place. You couldn't function correctly and were only drowning in your thoughts.