nineteen

kaori hasn't seen or heard much if semi since the night at the bar. shortly after their chat, semi had left in a huff, and tendou had said semi had completely shut him and ushijima out as well. kaori was a little worried about him.

he seemed different that day. but he was now avoiding not only her, but tendou and ushijima, it made her think. especially when she thought back about their conversation, and how confused both truly were. maybe kaori had heard wrong?

kaori assumed because semi was actively avoiding her and her friends, that semi wouldn't go near the cafe, knowing her work was only around the corner.

so when daichi had asked her to lunch, she had agreed to go to their usually cafe date spot for a coffee and snack.

the two had walked down from the station, walking into the cafe and kaori had laughed at something he had said.

"what you ordering then?" daichi asked her joining the back of the queue. another couple in front of them.

"hmmmmm, i was thinking," kaori said dragging out a little for him to guess.

"cappuccino?" he asked her smiling teasingly.

"wow, you read my mind," she replied sarcastically.

"not like you dont get the same thing everytime," daichi teased her, squeezing her to his side slightly.

"shut up, i changed it up the other day," kaori frowned a little defensively.

"oh yeah, with a pump of hazelnut syrup, how adventurous," daichi nodded to her laughing.

the bell behind them on the door rang, kaori was too busy looking in the glass case at the bakery items to pay attention. daichi turning around slightly to see the person behind him.

daichi and semi locked eyes. daichi was a little shocked to see him here again, semi seemed to be as well, his eyes shifting to kaori beside daichi. then to the arm daichi had wrapped around her. semi narrowed his eyes harshly to daichi, rolling his eyes and folding his arms across his chest. waiting behind clearly annoyed.

daichi turned back around and smirked to himself, looking down to kaori, who was still focused on the bakery food. daichi placed his hand under her chin to face her.

kaori's eyes widened, a little taken back by his sudden touch of affection. he smiled, pulling her face towards her, the hand under her chin came to her chin, he brushed her cheek slightly. he brought his index and thumb up, like he was plucking something from her face.

"you have an eyelash," he lied, using that excuse.

"oh, okay," she giggled.

"gone, theres that pretty face," he smiled.

"ugh, stop thats so embarrassing," kaori rolled her eyes, leaning away from him and he laughed, pulling her back.

"why?" he asked her.

"leave me alone," she batted him away laughing still.

"oh come on, i'm playing," daichi laughed pulling her closer still as she pushed him playfully in the queue.

semi behind loudly sighed.

"are you both going to stand in the queue normally or what?" he asked, breaking up their conversation.

kaori froze a little, hearing the coldness or his voice. her head whipped to face him, seeing hin stood behind them.

kaori hadn't realised he was there, her heart almost leapt out of her chest at his appearance. he looked terrible. his eyes looked sunken and dark, his hair a tussled mess on top of his head. in an oversized hoodie and sweatpants.