23. Why. K

OMINOUS POV. Minoru pov tsuyu pov. Fumi pov. Dark shadow pov. ⚠️TALK OF SUICIDE THAT WASNT REALLY SUICIDE. TALK OF REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS. THE AUTHOR COULDNT CHOOSE A POV.⚠️

why... that's the million dollar question, isn't it.
Minoru stares at tsu, waiting for an answer. Tsu thinks fast, going with the most believable answer, the one that is half true. She scribbles the answer down on the note pad. 'I hate myself! I hate my body! I hate that I was born with a penis! I hate that my breasts aren't natural! I hate that I have to make my voice sound more feminine!' She sobs, but not for the reason they think she is. They think she is miserable and depressed, but the truth is she just hates lying to them. She isn't completely lying though. She is quite insecure about being intersex, just not enough to attempt suicide.
Minoru clings to tsu tighter, as if he's afraid that she might slip away again. In fact, he is afraid of that.

I sob into her neck. I wish I could take her suffering away. It's not fair. I hate seeing her in pain. she shouldn't have to feel this pain. Why us. Why can't we just be happy. WHY!?

My heart breaks as I read her writing. I snuggle into her. Poor miss. Why couldn't it be me. I would trade places with her in a snap. Why couldn't that have been my second quirk. Being half bird is useless anyway. If it wasn't for darkshadow, I would never have made it. Why..?

My poor boys. They've already been through so much. I hate lying to them.. why did dark shadow have to do this. Why couldn't he have just talked to me. Why couldn't I fight back. Why am I so weak. Why did fumi have to end up with someone so horrible before me. Why couldn't I have saved him. Why?

I failed... I couldn't kill her.... but why is she lying..? Does she think they won't believe her...? Or is she trying to protect fumi.. ? Stupid frog. If I try it again, I definitely won't get away with it. Plus they will probably be helicoptering constantly. There's no chance they'll leave her alone, and risk it happening again. Why couldn't she just die? Why couldn't she have just not been interested in fumi? Why couldn't fumi have just not been interested? Why fumi? Why wasn't I able to protect him last time? Why?

Our main characters struggle to understand how they ended up being the ones to suffer all this. Out of billions of people, they had to watch their favorite heroes die. Their friends break down. They've had to see war. Yet somehow, they were still alive, and bad things were still happening. You'd think the universe would give them a break. But atleast they still have eachother...

Aizawa walks in, they rest of the class following behind. Fumi and minoru are still clinging to tsu. Nobody says anything. They just stand outside. Tsu's parents show up shortly after. They join the cuddle pile. Tsu had been writing to them, telling them about her two boyfriends. They had met minoru over the summer and were exited to meet fumikage, but certainly not in these circumstances.

After awhile longer, a doctor shows up and pulls Mr and Mrs Asui into the hall, along with Aizawa. Tsu will leave the hospital in two days. She will be able to return to class in a week, hero training in Two weeks. She's gonna be ok, but they were unable to re-attach her phallus.
Her parents are relieved at that, but they still have questions the doctor can't answer. Why didn't she come to them? Why did she do this? Why didn't anyone help her? Why did their happy little family come crashing down? Why?

They walk back in and tsu immediately hands them the note. Her mother covers her mouth and sobs. Her father is crying silently. They want nothing more than to protect her. They would do anything for her.

Out of all the thoughts everyone is thinking,out of all the questions they have, they all have one in common:

Why..?