He Returns

-Jade-

I wake by the sound of my alarm clock. The annoying sound waking me from my- well, not peaceful, but it was sleep none the less. I get out of my bed and go to my dresser. I pick out a dark blue flannel, a black tank top, a pair of skinny jeans ripped all the way down, underwear (god how i hate it when people use the word panties), a bra, and combat boots.

I go into my bathroom and turn on the water. In minutes the waters steam can be see coming above the curtain. I strip and jump into the shower, the water scalding my body. But i don't care, I like a little pain (I know what you're thinking, pervs). I wash my hair and my body and jump out of the shower. My thoughts run to a particular half-Latina.

I dry off my nude body, get dressed, then brush my teeth. I walk intoy room takingy pearphone off the charger. I grab my keys off my dresser and head down stairs. The door is slightly open with someone standing in my door.
It was a guy roughly my age, probably older. I couldn't tell because he had a beard. He looked familiar. I stare at him for awhile before I notice him. He left me in pieces with Tori to clean them up. He's been gone a little over a year.
Beck.
"Hey. I'm back." He says.
"Yeah, so?" I say grabbing my black purse and passing him going out the door.
"So? Aren't you going to stay hi?"
I turn around he's only inches from my face. A little too close for comfort. I back up a few inches and look at him in the eye. "Hi. Can I go now? I'm waiting for Tori." As if on cue she pulls up in her cherry red Ford. She looks at Beck and I and her jaw drops. A smile Is plastered on her face as She turns off her ignition and get so out the car.
"Beck!" She walks up to him and gives him a hug. A low growl of jealousy escapes my throat. "Five... four... three. Don't make me get to one."
They separate. Tori has a huge smile on her face.
"Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" She asks Beck. He shrugs and smiles. "Wanted to surprise my favorite friends." He says. Tori smiles and gives him another hug. She lets go a and looks at me. "Ready?" She asks. I nod and walk to the car, opening the passenger side door. She talks to Beck offering him a ride. He nods and gets into the back seat. Tori goes around the car and opens the drivers side door and gets in. She starts the car and puts it in drive. Her right hand automatically finds my left one and our fingers interlace.
There is little conversation to the school. Other than the "how have you been", and the "how was Canada"
We get to school and Tori parks in her usual spot. Beck scans the parking lot looking for a particular red head. When he sees her he opens the door and runs behind her. He wraps his arms around her waist and hugs her from behind.
A small squeeze brings me from my trance. I look at Tori and smile. She opens her door and gets out, leaving me without the warmth of her hand. I open my door and get out.
The parking lot is bustling due to the first day of school. There are a few new freshmen.
Tori's hand seeks mime as we make our way through the hall.
"Ready for the first day of our last year?" She asks me.
I reply sarcastically saying "oh yeah, nothimg like New plays, stupid teachers, and boring lockers." Tori smacks my arm playfully. "I'm kidding," I say "of course I'm ready. I'm in all of your classes." She puts her head on my shoulder and laughs.
"Jade! Tori!" We look over to see a bouncing Cat with a happy looking Beck. "Becks back!" She squeals. "We know, cat." I say.
"Why didn't you tell me then?!" She asks.
"I wanted it to be a surprise for you." Beck says.
"Oh..." cat trails off. "Okay."
Cat takes beck by the wrist and runs towards Andre who, to say the least, was about to have a heart attack when seeing Beck.

Tori and I walk to our lockers saying "see you in class."
I go to my scissor covered locker and turn my combination. It takes me awhile to remember the three numbers.
43-24-32
I open my locker and grab the text books for our arts history class. I remembered when I painted toris textbook black. Ah good times. Good times.
I feel familiar arms wrap around my waist and I immediately sink into them. "Jade, the warning bell just rung." Tori whispers into my ear. I nod my head and take her arm from around my waist and interlace our fingers, our palms touching.
We make our way to our first class.
________________
Lunch

I sit down with a salad and stare at Beck, not glare like I usually do, but stare. "So you never told me the reason why you came back." I say to Beck.
"I missed you guys." He says eating his burrito.
"Good enough." I say shrugging. "Jadey!" I ground my teeth at the annoying nickname.
"Yes, cat?" I ask with a glare. She yelps and gives me some fries. I laugh and she looks surprised.
Next to sit down is Robbie. And Rex.
"Yo Jade, why didn't you tell us beck was back." I growl and he shuts up.
Tori sits down next with a personal pizza. She steals one ofy fries and I playfully glare at her. She fakes a scared face and instead of backing up, moves closer. "Whatcha gonna do about it?" She asks right after swallowing her, my, fry. I lean closer and whisper "absolutely nothing." And lean back.